Transfering to the British Army

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by sierra_stop, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I've read a lot about transferring to the Australian army, but not much about transferring to the British Army. Now, I do know that it is possible as I've heard about a few people doing it, but the question is where do you start the process?

A bit of background first. I'm currently in the Australian Army, working as an officer in RA Sigs and I'm at a point in my career where it is time to make a decision about the future. My reasons to transfer are more to do with experiencing a different lifestyle. I'd be looking to transfer over as an officer and preferably within Royal Signals.

So with all that in mind, does anybody know where to begin? Any advice would be great.

2. Strewth mate.
    Right, formalities out of the way I'd copy this post this into the Officers forum.
    Is it OK to make a tasteless 'Secure Digeridoo comms' joke now? ;)
  3. God luck mate.
    I went the UK-Aus a couple of years ago and from experience the UK is not as accommodating as the Australian Army.

Have a look on the UK MoD recruiting pages, may be a contact there.
  4. I think you need to speak to someone in the AFCO at the Strand in London the number is +44 (0) 207 930 8603. They should be able to point you in the right direction.