Transfering to RRS

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by rapterphee, Nov 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking to transfer from phase 2 artillery to either 1 or 2 scots, what's phase 2 at ITC like? Anything I should do to prepare myself for going?

2. You don't have a choice which battalion you go to as recruiting is now centralised - the battalion(s) slotted in for the next HERRICK get most of the manpower from ITC. By the time you finish phase 2 you may very well be sent to 4 SCOTS (Germany) as we deploy next year.

Just keep working on your physical fitness - you'll do a lot of conventional warfare stuff (section / platoon attacks), different patrol types, harbour areas etc in phase 2, just the usual infantry "meat and potatoes" stuff. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Are you TA by any chance :)

4. I was told 2 scots is going on tour in spring, no in regular

5. 4 SCOTS go in the Autumn - you could go to 2 SCOTS & perhaps deploy as a BCR mid-tour (depending when you finish phase2) in the meantime getting messed around in rear party, or come 4 SCOTS, do full PDT & a subsequent full tour.

6. One of the main reasons to joining 2 would be that it's closer to home than my other chosen reg in the RA, so 4 scots is really not what I'm after

7. Pretty much odds on you will get 4 scots then isn't it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Bet you're glad that 5 SCOTS is no longer an option.

"I want to go home to mum every night." "Well here you go son a posting to South East England!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe its just me, but I beleive if you transfer to the Infantry then it should be because you actually want to be an Infanteer.

Not because you want to go home every five minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. If you want to be closer to home, then why the **** did you join the Army?!

11. Going home is a bonus not a requirement, also 2 scots is my local reg anyway