transfering to RMP

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by changing, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, im not even sure if im in the correct forrum as this is my first time doing this and im looking for some advice. Im currently serving in Royal Engineers, would like to transfer to Royal Military Police.
    Iv been in RE for nearly 4 years now and basically because i was a joiner on civvy street for 6 year, I was offered a 'golden hello' by the recuitment
    office of £2500 if i continued by trade in Engineers. I agreed and was then fastracked through my trade training etc. Because of the money and debt at the time i jumped at the chance and went ahead. 3 year down line and im now feeling that i want to learn something new and need a new challenge.
    So before any body jumps on me back....i am a Proud Sapper and regret nothing, however i would like to complete 12 year with army then hopefully join the Police, im purely thinking about my future as well as my familes as i dont fancy going back on a building site, i need securety...dont we all?
    I have already spoken to my troopy about this and i think hes going to make this hard for me.
    So if anybody could help please?

1. Is there vacancies for RMP at mo?
    2.Do you have more of a choice on postings, or is it chin up your going? like the rest!
    3. Do RMP do any infantry excersises, play soldiers etc or is it all job related?
    4. Could it take long to transfer or can this be a smooth process?
    5.Do RMP deploy regularly and taken my wife and kids into concideration can being an RM Policeman be abit more stressful in terms of overseas postings i.e Canada or even more rewarding? (i realise a canadian posting is probably also like gold dust to lol)?
    6. Can anybody offer any honest real down falls to being in RMP?
    The Engineers has alot of bullshit and il be kidding myself if i think any other Corps is different. However the RMP is the path i want to take and will do all i can to make it. I have C's in both maths and English, although i am a little rusty etc. I also im of a good fitness level. If any body could offer me any advice on any of the above or just in general about transfering and the RMP then I will thank you in advance for your time and comments..........cheers.