• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Transfering to RAF from Army

#1
How easy hard is it? Im seriously thinking about transfering to RAF Regiment. Hear conflicting stories all the time about how easy or hard this is.

Have been told you have to get out of the army for a year before the RAF will take you.

Today at the transfer fair at Larkhill I got told it was just a case of putting your papers in and the army realesing you to transfer to the RAF.

Some help please.
 
#4
Army_Rizzle said:
Somebody from my unit has been to the RCMO and tried to transfer to RAF and got fobbed off.
You will get fobbed off, you have not served long enough to get out have you? Therefore you can't threaten to sign off if you are not allowed to transfer. We all pick our trades maybe you should give yours a chance, well longer than the few months you have done the job anyway. Regretting pissing about at SEME yet?
 
#6
tiger stacker said:
Inter service transfer is possible, not easy but can be done :roll:
Didn't say it wasn't possible, I said he would be unlikely to get the green light given the short amount of time he has served since leaving training. :roll: :roll:

Rizzle are you still under SIB investigation?
 
#7
spaz said:
Army_Rizzle said:
Somebody from my unit has been to the RCMO and tried to transfer to RAF and got fobbed off.
You will get fobbed off, you have not served long enough to get out have you? Therefore you can't threaten to sign off if you are not allowed to transfer. We all pick our trades maybe you should give yours a chance, well longer than the few months you have done the job anyway. Regretting pissing about at SEME yet?
Didnt piss about at seme?? Passed my course with distinction. And no im not under investigation anymore.
 
#8
Army_Rizzle said:
spaz said:
Army_Rizzle said:
Somebody from my unit has been to the RCMO and tried to transfer to RAF and got fobbed off.
You will get fobbed off, you have not served long enough to get out have you? Therefore you can't threaten to sign off if you are not allowed to transfer. We all pick our trades maybe you should give yours a chance, well longer than the few months you have done the job anyway. Regretting pissing about at SEME yet?
Didnt urine about at seme?? Passed my course with distinction. And no im not under investigation anymore.
Ok fair enough, you are now the second person who I have spoken to in thirteen years who joined up to be a Tech Storeman [and I don't believe the first one]. You can't blame me for not being full of sympathy for you going on your posting history.

First you blew your Persec straight out of the water telling us all who you were with links to your photo, while saying some things you shouldn't about your CoC. Next you were asking advice after having been 'Spiked'. Then it was SIB investigation. Now you wan't to transfer less than a year out of training. I'm not being funny son but you sound like a right admin case.
 
#9
spaz said:
Army_Rizzle said:
spaz said:
Army_Rizzle said:
Somebody from my unit has been to the RCMO and tried to transfer to RAF and got fobbed off.
You will get fobbed off, you have not served long enough to get out have you? Therefore you can't threaten to sign off if you are not allowed to transfer. We all pick our trades maybe you should give yours a chance, well longer than the few months you have done the job anyway. Regretting pissing about at SEME yet?
Didnt urine about at seme?? Passed my course with distinction. And no im not under investigation anymore.
Ok fair enough, you are now the second person who I have spoken to in thirteen years who joined up to be a Tech Storeman. You can't blame me for not being full of sympathy for you going on your posting history.

First you blew your Persec straight out of the water telling us all who you were with links to your photo, while saying some things you shouldn't about your CoC. Next you were asking advice after having been 'Spiked'. Then it was SIB investigation. Now you wan't to transfer less than a year out of training. I'm not being funny son but you sound like a right admin case.
Jeez, do you keep a diary of events on this place?

In regards to the transfer, im mearly enquiring at this stage. If it is something I do want to do I'm not talking about right now. I have WRP and herrick next year, then I get posted. I want to give my trade a chance, even more so now that we are TSS and have the possibility of going down the MTI route. Just the careers fair today got me thinking.
 
#10
Army_Rizzle said:
spaz said:
Army_Rizzle said:
spaz said:
Army_Rizzle said:
Somebody from my unit has been to the RCMO and tried to transfer to RAF and got fobbed off.
You will get fobbed off, you have not served long enough to get out have you? Therefore you can't threaten to sign off if you are not allowed to transfer. We all pick our trades maybe you should give yours a chance, well longer than the few months you have done the job anyway. Regretting pissing about at SEME yet?
Didnt urine about at seme?? Passed my course with distinction. And no im not under investigation anymore.
Ok fair enough, you are now the second person who I have spoken to in thirteen years who joined up to be a Tech Storeman. You can't blame me for not being full of sympathy for you going on your posting history.

First you blew your Persec straight out of the water telling us all who you were with links to your photo, while saying some things you shouldn't about your CoC. Next you were asking advice after having been 'Spiked'. Then it was SIB investigation. Now you wan't to transfer less than a year out of training. I'm not being funny son but you sound like a right admin case.
Jeez, do you keep a diary of events on this place?

In regards to the transfer, im mearly enquiring at this stage. If it is something I do want to do I'm not talking about right now. I have WRP and herrick next year, then I get posted. I want to give my trade a chance, even more so now that we are TSS and have the possibility of going down the MTI route. Just the careers fair today got me thinking.
I suggest you do give your trade a chance it is one of the better options at the moment and promotion is quick in relation to the black hand trades. Apply yourself and you have the opportunity to do well.
 
#12
I know promotion is good, guy I used to work with just picked up his stripey after 7 years. And the oppurtunitys are good if you have more than a few brain cells and apply yourself. Its just hard to get motivated by the job. But as I said before, it was just a thought im having. Thanks for you're advice.
 
#13
Army_Rizzle said:
I know promotion is good, guy I used to work with just picked up his stripey after 7 years. And the oppurtunitys are good if you have more than a few brain cells and apply yourself. Its just hard to get motivated by the job. But as I said before, it was just a thought im having. Thanks for you're advice.
I know it's not the most exciting job in the world but most are not. The grass is allways greener. Good luck whatever.
 

Mr Happy

LE
Moderator
#14
Army_Rizzle said:
Jeez, do you keep a diary of events on this place?
Maybe he's your boss...

I knew a often passed over TA Lt who transfered the the reg RAF, he had to re-do his courses for the quals in essentially the same job. When he passed out he was given a certain bump due to his TA job and his civvie job so that he passed off recruits as a Sqn Leader.. Which is telling in itself if you like 'out-of-the-box' thinking.

Therefore, your time in the army will not be wasted. Therefore you should try hard as your potential RAF position will be more senior if you have got yourself promoted.

I also knew a Reg RAF guy that transferred to the Army and went from Flt Lt to Capt to Maj in about 18 months. Nice work ;-)
 
#15
Why do you want to transfer to the RAF? Has someone turned your head in the showers of summink? By going to the RAF your just proving you are weak. Stick to your current job. It will pay off in the long run and no-one will think less of you. Come on, man up FFS.
 

Latest Threads