Transfering to Arty

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wellyboot, Feb 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi i'm currently in an infantry coy in Yorks and i have moved a of hundred and odd miles away back to where i went to uni (i was in the inf their too). Now the move was only supposed to be for about 6 months but events have conspired and i'm getting married this year so it looks like i might be staying where i am.
    I'm not too sure about transfereing back to my origional Inf coy after 1 year cos to be honest I didn't particularly like them on the whole.
    So I'm thinking about going to the Artillery can anyone think of any problems that may arrise from this?? given that i only have to go to RMAS now to get my Commision.
  2. msr

    msr LE


    The best advice is go and speak to them. I can't see any problems at all with a transfer.

  3. From the Forums title page;

    What else do you need to know? I'm presuming that if you're going South from York you'll end up with 307 Bty in Nottingham, if North then 101 Regt?

    You'll require a Troop or Platoon Commander's course in whichever arm or service you end up post-commissioning. I know a number of guys who have transfered from inf to RA and had no problems - generally any that do crop up are related to maintaining their origiinal, higher rank when not qualified for their new role - for you that won't be a consideration since you'll be new to both the arm and the mess at the same time.
  4. yeah i was thinking of 101, i have a mate there who's with the TS who is off to sandbags too