Transfering photo albums iPad to PC.

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by BryanTheMegalodon, Mar 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently fallen of the Apple haters bandwagon and purchased an iPad which, I must admit, I am finding incredibly addictive and useful. Saying that however, I am struggling a bit with transfering photos, in complete albums to my PC.

As iPad users will know, all photos you take are stored in camera roll which then allows you to open up new albums and 'dump' the photos in these. One problem I am finding is that when you then try to delete the photos from camera roll, it also deletes them from the relevant albums, thus filling up the camera roll with hundreds of duplicated pics. i also find that sometimes, instead of adding pics to the end of camera roll, it sometimes randomly dumps the odd 1 or 2 somewhere in the middle, thus you take 10 pics, 8 end up at the end where they should be and the other 2 are randomly scattered elsewhere. Annoying.

My biggest problem however is transfering albums to my PC - I just can'd do it. What I would like, is for instance to call an album QWERTY or whatever, put relevant pics in there, and then dump the ENTIRE file on my desktop. Instead, I connect the pad up to the PC and it just sends bloody everything, and normally into 'dropbox'.

Ideally, I would like to be able to create multiple albums, dump relevant pics into them when out and about and when back to my PC download them, still in their albums and not individually, back onto my desktop. Can anyone advise?

Many thanks, BTM.
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Get the app photomngrpro - allows you to load and delete pics from your pc onto your ipad. Using itunes makes weird multiple duplicates plus you can't delete the damn things.
  3. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

The iCloud photo stream seems to work ok...and can be set up on multiple pcs and can sync with iphone/ipad
  4. Photo Stream is a feature in iCloud that allows Apple users to wirelessly sync photos and video between multiple devices. The service lets you take a picture on your iPhone or iPad 2 running iOS 5 and have it uploaded automatically in the background to your Photo Stream folder. That folder is then made available on all of your devices that are logged into iCloud, including iPhoto on your Mac.
    More tips:
    Transfering photos iPad to PC
    Delete Photos from iPad Camera Roll