Transfering into RMP

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by milkybarkid31, May 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello troops, No doubt this sort of question has been asked before, but here it comes again.
    I am a REME LCpl armourer considerering transfering into the RMP and i am wishing to gain information from people in the know. I recently spoke to an officer and SNCO and they were very helpful, and gave me some information and explained to me the procedure for transfering.
    If anyone can offer me any information with regards Phase 2 trg and life as an RMP then it would be appreciated. Many thanks !

2. The best thing to do would be to speak with your RCWO and arrange a 'look at life' 2 week "attachment" with your local RMP unit, its there you can decide yay or nay to become RMP. You'll also be around the new guys that have just come out of training, they'll be the best to ask in regards to what phase 2 is like these days.

3. how long does a transfer take?

4. PM with any questions mate, just gone through process and been accepted, just awaiting course dates for phase 2.

5. Well done to both IronMaidenMonkey and Clunge for your helpful replies to a question posted in May 2008.

That's the kind of acuity that makes our RMP the thing it is. A career in SIB is clearly the thing for the both of you . . . :-D

6. Think about it stonker, I am current and up to date on the transfer process, and answered a question posted today. Don't follow your logic there... As for IMM, fair enough, he resurrected an old thread but I can actually offer advice instead of somebody flaming him. At least he had the decency to use the search function and not post YET ANOTHER RMP transfer thread.

7. You tell him Tiger!!!!!

I might bring up some funny ones from 2002/3 if you don't all shut it.

8. How silly was I? Valid points? I'll take myself off to the corner and have a word with myself. :eh:

9. **** off sluggy! You're a scouser, you don't do funny! :-D

10. How long did it take before you heard back from glasgow mate? sorry i am just excited, rather not tell you my current job in the army! he he

11. IMM, check inbox Fellah!

12. He he got the mail, cheerz,

13. I did it mate took me nearly two years and in the end my wages went to shit and my wife left me......................... so not all bad then lol worth the effort though far better loafing around the working for a living !!!