Transfering from the RA to The Royal Marine Commandos

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Nosbaz, Mar 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Life in my regiment is'nt going anywhere, just waiting around for something to happen :(
    So basically i have been doing my research on the Royal Marine Commandos but i have mixed feedback from people in my regiment about the Royal Marines. As i cant see myself going anywhere in my current regiment in the Royal Artillery. And as im the type of person that would best suit more front line action.

Would this be the best step for me????
  2. Why have you decided to post this in the Other half?

Thought about asking on Rum Ration?
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

But then he is a drop short :D

Thought about 29?
  4. Nah im not going 29 because i dontg just want to be working on the 105mm light gun
  5. In that case then plan your direction and research a bit more, 148 for instance ? Its a big move going Royal mate, you wont neccesarily start from scratch again but the intensity of basic will hit you hard, get down to 29, see how you fare on the course and stick your hand up for op's, there are a lot of options out there once the course is cracked and under your belt.
  6. are you taking the pish?? The RA is fully committed in both theatres and will be for the forseeable future. If you are waiting around with no vision of deploying, I have no idea what unit you are with!!
  7. just read your previous posts, how could you possibly say that your Regiment is going nowhere, and, correct me if I'm wrong, you've only been out of training less than a year??
  8. In respect of your recent posts, get a few exercises, a tour and a few runs ashore under your belt before bleating about wanting to move elsewhere ! For someone with less than a year in rig your expectations seem a little high mate.