transfering from raf to army

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by boredairman, Aug 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi just wonderin if anyone could give me any info on transfering from raf to army currently done 7 years as an aircraft tech mechanical got 5 years left at moment but im really bored with being a civvi in uniform and want to be more military if that makes sense!!! dont know if it would make a difference but i dont want to do my trade anymore not sure what i'd like to do any help welcome cheers

2. You'll be sorry......I sh*t you not.... :D

3. Mad as a fish! :?

4. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Holy Mother of God......will a hide of rhinocerous like thickness be included?

5. fair one maybe i am a bit nuts but thats what happens when your bored senseless!!! anyone know what the procedure is?

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It's very hard to do I tried it in 94
    First you must have an idea what you want to do
    It's dependant on manning strength your age and your new choice of unit/trade
    How old are you if you are late 20's you may be to old
    Then it's oc's interview and then upwards ( I got as far as wing co)
    The RAF will stop it if your trade is under manned (I was MT and it got blocked)
    Also you may have to sign back on
    Then there is the result of your CR's if they are crap your new unit might not want you
    Have you thought of remustering to Regiment?

You may be just as quick coming out and rejoining it will have less hassle

7. surely the REME attached to the AAC is the best option if you want army and keep your trade/pay/rank?

8. the_boy_syrup

What sqn you on bud
    Couldn't you get transferred to sh or Harrier sqn

9. im on a vahs i've done sh i dont want to do raf reg how easy would it be to transfer to reme same trade and then once in the reme remuster to another trade? thanks for all the replies

10. hows BOB hope and no HOPE.
    You want to transfere RAF to ARMY, once in ARMY then another trade, dont you think they will see you as some one who does'nt know what he wants even if thats not the case. Stable and loyal just dont spring to mind do they

11. the_boy_syrup

Correct agree with Jaybee
    Once you are in the Army you will go back and do trade training and basic training you need to make your mind up what you want to do and stick to it
    Nobody will let you in to use them as a stepping stone
    What wrere you thinking of doing?

I know you have posted in the infantry forum is that what you want to do?

12. You can actually transfer forces? I would have thought you had to leave one and try to join another :s

Then again, that's me for you!

But I have heard the RAF treat you better, you get tea and crumpets :p Anyway best of luck

13. i am interested in the royal engineers as they have commando and parachute units as for stable and loyal i have always put service before self and have volunteered for ooa det etc i just dont want to spend the next 15 years in what i see as a dead end job

14. If thats the case i would leave then go back in again as ARMY
    best of luck

15. if i leave and rejoin does anyone know how that will effect my pension and terms of service? could i start a fresh 22 years? is there any time limit between leaving and joining? any help welcome cheers