Transferee

Hello, I keep checking the OAVL to see if the RMP are taking on trasfereee. From what I have researched is usually they only take on lance corporals to which I am and they only really recruit once a year.

I have been in 6 years and I am happy in my job but I have always wanted to go down the RMP route for the rest of my career.

Does anyone have any information or previous experience about the current manning situation with the RMP or am I wasting my time by sending off the paperwork to Glasgow.

Thanks in advance

Speak to your rcmo.

Hello, I keep checking the OAVL to see if the RMP are taking on trasfereee. From what I have researched is usually they only take on lance corporals to which I am and they only really recruit once a year.

I have been in 6 years and I am happy in my job but I have always wanted to go down the RMP route for the rest of my career.

Does anyone have any information or previous experience about the current manning situation with the RMP or am I wasting my time by sending off the paperwork to Glasgow.

Thanks in advance
RMP haven't been on the OAVL for Soldier vacancies since it's creation around about ~2013. The last I heard was that they were not taking any transferees for the foreseeable - seems odd to me as you'd expect personnel with wider Army experience to be ideal candidates.

Speak to Worthy Down. Chances are, your RCMO won't have a clue.

Thanks for your reply, your spot on there. You would think that but army logic probably means it be easier and quicker to sign off then sign back on. I wouldn't do that anyway.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks for your reply, your spot on there. You would think that but army logic probably means it be easier and quicker to sign off then sign back on. I wouldn't do that anyway.
Whereas 40 odd years ago, the opposite applied. After 84 pensionable days, in RMP I'd concluded I oughtn't to have allowed myself to be talked out of my comfort zone. They wouldn't let me transfer out, so I took Discharge as a Statutory Right, walked four days later, took two months off and reapplied for the RAC, as I'd wanted in the first place.

RMP haven't been on the OAVL for Soldier vacancies since it's creation around about ~2013. The last I heard was that they were not taking any transferees for the foreseeable - seems odd to me as you'd expect personnel with wider Army experience to be ideal candidates.

Speak to Worthy Down. Chances are, your RCMO won't have a clue.
No, of course he won't, it's not like that sort of thing is his job after all.

No, of course he won't, it's not like that sort of thing is his job after all.
Well, from personal experience, the quality of individual employed in that 'job' varies significantly. I've seen plenty of fobbing off, so I stand by my original post and suggest that the OP goes forearmed.

Well, from personal experience, the quality of individual employed in that 'job' varies significantly. I've seen plenty of fobbing off, so I stand by my original post and suggest that the OP goes forearmed.
Please speak to your RCMO - chances are Worthy Down will (however innocently) cc in your CoC regarding your call, and a back door enquiry direct to the recruiting team without any mention to you unit will get you at best, a massive bollocking; at worst, AGAI'd.

You'll make your CoC look incompetent to another cap-badge, so when it comes to unit interviews and references you'll have p1ssed off everyone you need to help you.

Use your Pl/Coy HQ to chase the RCMO, don't go around him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Royal Navy 5
S Int Corps 6
Sheepay Int Corps 78