transfer

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by virago, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. transfer to the RMP from another corp does anybody have any good advice?

2. i do. don't do it what do you want to become one of them for.

3. You really can be a c0ck at times can't you!!

4. does anybody have any real advice rather than trying 2 b funny

5. I've been out 15 years, however I've had the pleasure of working with a few potential VT's in my time. The best thing to do is to approach your local RMP unit and voice your interest about wishing to transfer. They will be able to give you further advice, as to who to speak to at your own unit level. If you're serious about transferring don't let your unit fob you off. I'm pretty sure there are others on here who will be able to give you more up to date info.

6. yep i can nobber.

7. What Ex-monkey said - Speak to the 2IC or RAO (if they have one) of your local RMP Unit and perhaps arrange a visit. Let your chain of command know to keep them in the loop.

Adjutants are normaly versed in this sort of thing, but depending on your unit/rank, it may not be appropriate to contact him/her directly; given the RSM filter!

If you hit a brick wall, pm me and I can do some digging.

D

8. If you are a quality soldier, your trouble will not be with RMP, it will be with your own capbadge....they understandibly won't want to lose you, particularly in today's operational climate. Do your homework, get as many opinions from serving VT's as you can find, remain as objective as you can, weigh up the career potential and if it's still for you, then persevere.

Once you are in, head straight for the SIB as soon as you are eliglible and leave the dross of the Corps behind to wallow in it's own self pity, for they are 'lids' and know no better.

The SIB.....looking down its nose at GPD since 1940. 8)

9. Behave Biscuits!

SIB = (a soldier who no doubt was) Sh1t in Basic, Sh1t in Barracks, and eventually so Sh1t in Basra decided they might as well become sh!t in Suits too.

Lids indeed..........................

10. Virago,

Please feel free to PM me if you want some help/advice.

11. Quite true but what is built on sh1t and evolved from sh1t will never quite lose the niff. By the way you still see yourself as a Plank don't you? As to the original poster's question. If it is what you want to do and you are really committed go for it because if you never scratch that itch it will bother you for ever.

12. Go for it, like every cap badge it has its ups and downs and after 19 years i have enjoyed it. the problem we have is that we are not getting enough VT's, as others say speak to your chain of command and apply. if my memory serves me well you do a two week attachement with your local provost company and if they like you and you like the job following a number of interviews with RMP officers you will be allocated a place at Southpark, once you complete your training you will be posted to one of the units. do not burn your bridges with your old unit just in case you do not like it. There are many opportunities SIB being one of them and it is a good job and it has many roles as does GPD. if you want some help or advice then you can pm me as well.

13. i tranferred from one corps to another - was RLC now AGC,
    only advice i can say is make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. My reasons were right and i cant complain there (wanted more time with family,and now got it) but what a big mistake in so many other ways, and its lucky i dont have so many years left to push or else i would have sacked it by now.

14. For Christs sake don't PM Need for Speed. 8O

He will groom you and then bum you to death.

He has a bench freezer full of victims, that he is slowly pan roasting and sauteeing his way through.

And Sunray will just try to get you to lick CARC. :wink:

But they will give you some good advice.

Need for Speed will bum you though. With Gritty Swarfega. Followed by a good ******* wearing a thirteenth century armoured gauntlet. :twisted:

15. oh yeah your just jealous heedthebaw