Transfer to The Royal Welsh from AGC(SPS)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by 5590john, Dec 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello people.

i have come to the conclusion that this office nonsence is not for me! .... Any one know if i was to transfer to the infantry, at what part of training would i join at ITC Catterick?

Any thought or suggestions are appriciated.

Cheers bach!

2. Why on earth would you want to transfer from AGC(SPS)?

Ask The_IRON. He's your man.

3. I've know people to transfer from a Corps to the Infantry, one was RSigs who went Para and an RLC guy who went R Welsh. I believe you'll start at the beginning of the Phase 2 element of the CIC as you should already know the basic Phase 1 stuff.

4. Yep, you join them at the 12 - 16 week point (can't remember the exact week). You will wear your AGC beret and capbadge too, which will be fun for you.

If you are with a unit that has one, might be worth popping in to the Trg Wing and getting some green time in.

5. becasue personnaly i am sick to death of the office. and sick to death of doing jack Sh*T!!

get something more proactive done when i am still youngish and fit!

6. Would that be the Royal WelCh that I was with in the early 80s? Terrific posting!

7. Alas it use to be, it only exists now as 1st Battalion Royal Welsh, Royal Welch Fusiliers.:(

8. Yeah that's a good point why would you want to transfer to the Royal Welsh from the AGC (SPS)? After all some raving homos on here actually prefer working in air conditioned offices, bullying young female clerks to actually getting amongst The Taliban! If you have to question should I stay and work with women or join the infantry, then you may as well stay, we wouldn't want you anyway.