Transfer to TA from RNR

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Lairdx, Jun 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been asked by a friend to find out about this. Hope some of you TA chaps can help.

My Mate is in The Royal Navy Reserve but has become a little disenchanted with it recently. He is quite interested in Joining a TA signals or REME unit but would like to be able to stay on the same level of Bounty. I was unable to help him as being regular army I have no idea about the stucture or administration of reserve forces/TA.

He has put some time in. Over ten years with the RNR. Will he be able to stay on the same bounty level if he joins the TA instead?

2. Might have some gen for you....pm for details.

Cheers,

AS

3. Para from TA REgs that says that he will still be on his year 5 bounty. Will require some effort for APC to record his 'other' service.

7.063. Reckonable Service. Qualifying service for the different grades of the training bounty is as indicated below, subject to the proviso that there has been no single break in such service in excess of 3 years:
    a. Years of voluntary service in the AER or TA or part time service in the UDR or R IRISH(HS) when not called out for permanent or home service and in which the full training bounty has been earned by the completion of annual training;
    b. Years of service in the reserves of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Air Force when not called out and in which the full training bounty has been earned by the completion of annual training;
    c. Not less than 3 years full service as a regular officer or soldier in any of the 3 Services, or 3 years full time service in the TA NRPS or UDR or R IRISH(HSFT), or a combination of both amounting to 3 years in total, which for the purpose of this training bounty is to count as equivalent to the same number of years of voluntary service in the TA in which the full training bounty had been earned by the completion of annual training

Hope that helps

4. Thankyou for that Mercedis . I think that helps.

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

If he wants to join REME, I may be able to give some Info on Units, opportunities, etc. Let me know if you want any details.

6. Get him to contact :

CVHQ REME
    Louisburg Barracks
    Bordon
    Hants GU35 0NE

(Phone Number through Directory Equiries)

They will be able to help him.