TRANSFER TO RAF TG17 (HR)

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by AirbornePaperclip, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone tried or is anyone trying to transfer from the SPS to the RAF TG17 (HR) and are you having problems? Can anyone explain the reasoning behind the RAF processing a potential transfer-in with a number of years served and experience, as an 18 yr old walking right in off the street.

Is it not a waste of time, money and resources and an insult to the service person?

2. Probably sorting through the chaff who want to transfer out of the Corps because they think the grass is greener and will have an easier life in blue kit, you should have joined Crab Air in the first place.

3. I know of one such SSgt that has applied to transfer, as he is a bit miffed about not being up-ranged. He says it is all taking ages.

I don't know if he will create an anomaly within the RAF - a SSgt/FSgt that isn't drawing terminal breaths having served for 93 years.....

4. If you want to transfer really quickly I know that the RAF are really short of Trolley Dolleys to serve drinks and nibbles.

5. Do they get flying pay...?

6. Of course you do, you only work 4 hours per day and you get the next day off. But the real bonus is that you don't have to work with JPA, where do I sign.

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

You also get to spend years before and after working in the officers mess making beds and serving dinner and breakfast
    Might aswell go to the loacal Travellodge and get a job

Why the sudden rush to transfer to the RAF were you all inspired by that welsh burd in Afghanistan on C5?

8. Making beds for officers and serving them dinner and making them breakfast after the night before. Stop it I can't wait to transfer.

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The ironic thing with the delay in transfers is that the RAF are short of administrators.

10. Clerks looking for even cushier numbers? Whatever next?

11. RMP's being liked

12. That is probably the rub, they don't want the steeley eyed dealers of death that "Combat HR" provides, they just want clerks.

13. Working in a duel service environment has lead me to belive that TG17 are only short of Administrators at SAC and Cpl level.

A SSgt mate of mine was looking into it and was told that he would drop to Sgt and since they are not short of TG17 Sgts the transfer process would take a while.

If a Pte to Cpl rank SPS soldier wanted to transfer it would be processed a hell of a lot quicker to plug the gaps they have.

Oh, and he was told that he would have to complete the 9 weeks RAF CMSR trg!

14. RMP are more popular than men who do wimminz jobs.

15. rrreeaaallllyyyy!