TRANSFER TO RAF TG17 (HR)

Has anyone tried or is anyone trying to transfer from the SPS to the RAF TG17 (HR) and are you having problems? Can anyone explain the reasoning behind the RAF processing a potential transfer-in with a number of years served and experience, as an 18 yr old walking right in off the street.

Is it not a waste of time, money and resources and an insult to the service person?

Probably sorting through the chaff who want to transfer out of the Corps because they think the grass is greener and will have an easier life in blue kit, you should have joined Crab Air in the first place.

I know of one such SSgt that has applied to transfer, as he is a bit miffed about not being up-ranged. He says it is all taking ages.

I don't know if he will create an anomaly within the RAF - a SSgt/FSgt that isn't drawing terminal breaths having served for 93 years.....

Of course you do, you only work 4 hours per day and you get the next day off. But the real bonus is that you don't have to work with JPA, where do I sign.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
dumbstruck said:
Of course you do, you only work 4 hours per day and you get the next day off. But the real bonus is that you don't have to work with JPA, where do I sign.
You also get to spend years before and after working in the officers mess making beds and serving dinner and breakfast
Might aswell go to the loacal Travellodge and get a job

Why the sudden rush to transfer to the RAF were you all inspired by that welsh burd in Afghanistan on C5?

the_boy_syrup said:
dumbstruck said:
You also get to spend years before and after working in the officers mess making beds and serving dinner and breakfast
Might aswell go to the loacal Travellodge and get a job

Why the sudden rush to transfer to the RAF were you all inspired by that welsh burd in Afghanistan on C5?
Making beds for officers and serving them dinner and making them breakfast after the night before. Stop it I can't wait to transfer.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
The ironic thing with the delay in transfers is that the RAF are short of administrators.

B_AND_T said:
The ironic thing with the delay in transfers is that the RAF are short of administrators.
That is probably the rub, they don't want the steeley eyed dealers of death that "Combat HR" provides, they just want clerks.

B_AND_T said:
Working in a duel service environment has lead me to belive that TG17 are only short of Administrators at SAC and Cpl level.

A SSgt mate of mine was looking into it and was told that he would drop to Sgt and since they are not short of TG17 Sgts the transfer process would take a while.

If a Pte to Cpl rank SPS soldier wanted to transfer it would be processed a hell of a lot quicker to plug the gaps they have.

Oh, and he was told that he would have to complete the 9 weeks RAF CMSR trg!

Biscuits_AB said:
dumbstruck said:
RMP's being liked
RMP are more popular than men who do wimminz jobs.
Is that all your going to keep posting on the SPS threads?

A bit boring now.

NO ONE likes the RMP, at all, ever.

Biscuits_AB said:
dumbstruck said:
RMP's being liked
A few days ago I saw a couple of RMP's wearing anti stabb vests (during the day). I can understand the CIVPOL wearing them in their day to day role as they come up against the dregs of society .ie. drug dealers and the likes but in the military society (not on Op Tours) we do not have the same dangers, yes you can argue that the RMP are outside of drinking establishments at kicking out times but in my career I never heard of somebody being stabbed by a soldier (or anybody else for that matter), being glassed yes, so why not wear protective face masks instead. Can anybody from the RMP side of life enlighten me as to why they have started wearing them. Is it due to the amount of back stabbing within the RMP or is it to make them look more professional. No doubt other members on this sight will start yet again to remind me that all members of the AGC(SPS) are girls, so please type something original. This is a geniune request for an answer.

Biscuits_AB said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAH

dumbstruck said:
Biscuits_AB said:
dumbstruck said:
RMP's being liked
A few days ago I saw a couple of RMP's wearing anti stabb vests (during the day). I can understand the CIVPOL wearing them in their day to day role as they come up against the dregs of society .ie. drug dealers and the likes but in the military society (not on Op Tours) we do not have the same dangers, yes you can argue that the RMP are outside of drinking establishments at kicking out times but in my career I never heard of somebody being stabbed by a soldier (or anybody else for that matter), being glassed yes, so why not wear protective face masks instead. Can anybody from the RMP side of life enlighten me as to why they have started wearing them. Is it due to the amount of back stabbing within the RMP or is it to make them look more professional. No doubt other members on this sight will start yet again to remind me that all members of the AGC(SPS) are girls, so please type something original. This is a geniune request for an answer.
If the monkees are now wearing anti -stab vests that'll cost a fortune, given the majority are XXXL 8O