• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Transfer to RA as an Artillery Observer

Hello all, just trying to do a little homework before I go and see my CoC, I am currently serving in the REME and my "Career" seems to be going no-where! I am seriously giving thought to transferring to the RA as an Artillery Observer. I am currently a LCPL and have served for around 9/10 years.

My biggest concerns are as follows:-

- Will I be likely to receive a pay cut if I transfer

- Being a LCPL will I lose this rank and revert back to bottom of ladder, or would I get this rank back after completing any necessary courses?

- What Artillery type of training would I HAVE to go through, would I have to do the Artillery Phase 2 training?

- What is the promotion and pay like as an artillery observer?

- Is this a worthwhile job as I have heard a little about it and it sounds quite a decent job.

Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated, like I said I just want a little background information before I go to my CoC.

Latest Threads