Transfer to MPGS?

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by dumbestprawn, Feb 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

I am seriously considering transferring to the MPGS from my current Regiment.

Firstly, is this possible and any ideas on how long it would take?

Secondly, any ideas on the job security? The way i understand it is the MPGS will always be needed and unless youre a complete idiot the contract renewal every 3 years is just a formality.

Before i get all of the abuse i know what the job entails.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

No ambition then!

3. Not sure if possible as MPGS is home commitment.

When I enquired I was told that you don't keep your rank.
    Also being home commitment you don't get all the perks of being in the army.
    Not sure if MPGS has any form of pension.
    Anyway being HC will it be privatised in future.

4. B_And_T. its all about quality of life. 4 days on 4 off. Leaving me an extra 2 days to work to increase wage and still have 2 days off. Live in subsidised housing and let someone else pay the mortgage on my house. All the time having the job security and a lot more time to spend with my family. Free dental, medcare and gym.
    Makes sense to me.

5. Yes you can transfer straight over to the MPGS. It can take a while depending on your chosen location so I'll suggest you get the ball rolling (you could always pull out). And of the top of my head the only benefit we are not entitled to is SSFA and LSAP (yes your pension is transferable).
    Our three year contract is likely to change in the next 12-24 months (according to our SO2) and our future looks stable (Land sites debatable).
    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Yes you can transfer straight into the MPGS. It can potentially take a while depending on you chosen location, and yes you will start at Pte.
    Off the top of my head the only benefits we are not entitled to are SSFA and LSAP (for now), our future looks promising, and our three year contract is likely to change (from our SO2).

7. Yes you can transfer straight into the MPGS. It can potentially take a while depending on you chosen location, and yes you will start at Pte.
    Off the top of my head the only benefits we are not entitled to are SSFA and LSAP (for now), our future looks promising, and our three year contract is likely to change to a longer one (from our SO2).

8. Yes you can transfer straight into the MPGS. It can potentially take a while depending on you chosen location, and yes you will start at Pte.
    Off the top of my head the only benefits we are not entitled to are SSFA and LSAP (for now), our future looks promising, and our three year contract is likely to be extended (from our SO2).

9. Thanks andy75. Pm sent.

10. How long does it take to walk from your current block to the front gate?