Transfer to MDP from Home Office force

Green_Homer

War Hero
Take proper advice. I was a civil servant for some years. Ok, I had my pension changed to the new one, but I was told I could not combine my army/police pension to the CS. So now I have three.
As alluded to above, I have worked closely with MDP for a while (I won’t go into any more detail just now). They have gone from a force with plenty going on to something that dawdles along.
See above re the future of this organisation, but IMO they are distancing themselves from policing all the time, apart from some fraud jobs.
Apologies for the confusion. I'm already in and started as a new entry rather than a transferee, so the above is just what I've heard from this who have transferred.

Certainly the force has a bit of an identity crisis currently but it definitely depends on where you are as to what you get to do it seems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apologies for the confusion. I'm already in and started as a new entry rather than a transferee, so the above is just what I've heard from this who have transferred.

Certainly the force has a bit of an identity crisis currently but it definitely depends on where you are as to what you get to do it seems.

No worries G_H. Last I heard MDP had given up on direct entry. It seems to be a force in flux, which is mainly due to Government vacillation. In lots of ways it’s an ideal force in that you are not dictated by PCCs, you report direct to the MoD. Your T&Cs are different, that’s ok. I know, and have worked with many MDP officers over the years and have found them to be uniformly excellent and reminiscent of how policing used to be: courteous and helpful.
All the very best with your career, and stay safe.

Green_Homer

War Hero
No worries G_H. Last I heard MDP had given up on direct entry. It seems to be a force in flux, which is mainly due to Government vacillation. In lots of ways it’s an ideal force in that you are not dictated by PCCs, you report direct to the MoD. Your T&Cs are different, that’s ok. I know, and have worked with many MDP officers over the years and have found them to be uniformly excellent and reminiscent of how policing used to be: courteous and helpful.
All the very best with your career, and stay safe.
Thanks! It's certainly a unique force put it that way

Lots of good points and lots of pulling your hair points but that's life I guess.

They're on a massive recruitment drive of 400 officers per year currently but I don't know what mix of new entry to transferrees it is.

Thanks! It's certainly a unique force put it that way

Lots of good points and lots of pulling your hair points but that's life I guess.

They're on a massive recruitment drive of 400 officers per year currently but I don't know what mix of new entry to transferrees it is.

I used to work in a HO Force. We had a guy transfer to us from MDP. Not an “old and bold” but quite young. Was allowed to shortcut everything. Alarming stuff, all he had done was shoot 9mm and stood guard somewhere. No experience of dealing with the public, and it showed.

Green_Homer

War Hero
I used to work in a HO Force. We had a guy transfer to us from MDP. Not an “old and bold” but quite young. Was allowed to shortcut everything. Alarming stuff, all he had done was shoot 9mm and stood guard somewhere. No experience of dealing with the public, and it showed.
Couldn't agree more. Personally I think it's partly the fault of people not doing their research into the force and simply being blinded by the word Police, coupled with the force trying to project themselves as being the same as HO.

I've said it on another thread - we're a different force and do certain things very well but we're not HO

If you enjoy being bored witless and you are happy sleeping through a 12 hour shift with your thumb stuck up your arse you will fit right in and don’t rock the boat by not using all of your sick days or everybody else will look bad.

Thanks for the replies, not sure it's for me just yet then. Back to the drawing board!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads