Transfer to Canadian Forces

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by tsar_Nikolas, Sep 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello,

    Can anyone tell me if they know of anyone who transferred to the Canadian forces as an Officer, and if so, how they did it?


  2. I know of one or two who joined the CF reserve force as Officers. (having been commissioned in UK foces previously)

    Place to start would be to contact a Canadian Forces recruiting centre.
    I don't think though that it would be a 'transfer' as such, rather joining having prior service.
  3. I joined the Canadian Army reserve after leaving the British army in 93(still in), bottom line is you cannot transfer, your have to go through the recuiting process as a normal applicant.

    This can be and is a pain to do.

    I live in a city where lots of brits retire after there time in the Army and believe me we have a hell of a time trying to get them in to the Army reserve here.
  4. Friend of mine tried to do it a couple of years ago and it all went t1ts up at the last minute. I spent 2 years working with them as an Exchange Officer - best advice is stay where you are or go for the Australians who are actively recruiting for Brits.