transfer to AT

Discussion in 'RLC' started by bitterandtwisted, Jan 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I am considering transferring to AT. I know (ish) what the trade does. I would like to know the entry requiremnets and am currently a SNCO in the AGC. My question is this:

a. would i drop a rank or two on transfer.

b. do you get shafted in your trade or is it ok???

sensible feedback would be great and if any transferree's could give me the benifit of their wealth and experince to AT please PM me.

many thanks
    :lol:

2. I am not sure where the goal posts are at present. I can't think of a SNCO changing trade into AT but I know of a number of Cpl's. They used to drop down to L/Cpl. I might be talking arse but I am sure a few years ago to get retrades in that they gave L/Cpl's their Cpl on passing the course. I have no idea of the score today. Melchers might have a sensible answer for you.

You will have to expand on "shafted" before I can comment. Are you reffering to tours or what?

3. I mean do you get fecked about or left alone to get on with your job, many tours

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Not sure if you can transfer as a SNCO. I do know that Cpls keep the rank. Depending on where you are posted then you can expect to be left to get on with the job in hand.

5. I'm pretty sure you can't transfer as a SNCO. Sorry.

6. And there are many tours and many duties, but shafted is not really the right word. I agree with Rowley, I'm sure you can't as I know a RSigs chap who tried but that may have been RSigs decision. Even then you would definitely have to drop the rank until Class 1 (though we did have a T2 Sgt - don't all shout out his name - and far more 2nd class Sgts!). They may take AGC as there will be a few of you spare after JPA comes in....

7. Probably a certain amount of literacy involved - as there is meant to be in the AGC... :wink:

8. Would any current ATs mind giving me some advice via PM? Just need to ask some general questions really and don't want to bore the rest of the board! Thanks in advance...

9. SHOULD BE EASY TRANSFERRING AS LONG AS YOU DONT HAVE A SPINE, SWEAT WHEN THE WORD PT IS MENTIONED, HAVE ELASTICATED WAIST ON YOUR COMBATS AND TALK SHOP AND RANDOM SHIT ON THE PISS

10. SHOULD BE EASY TRANSFERRING AS LONG AS YOU DONT HAVE A SPINE, SWEAT WHEN THE WORD PT IS MENTIONED, HAVE ELASTICATED WAIST ON YOUR COMBATS AND TALK SHOP AND RANDOM SHIT ON THE PISS

11. I see you found the caps lock button, albeit inadvertantly. You really do strike me as a bitter and, I suspect, malodorous mendicant. You do have a redeeming feature, however. Your avatar is marvellous. Please feel free to submit as many posts as takes your fetid famcy. Just don't include any words.

12. Transfer to AT, i'd rather wax my own legs.

13. Sir Rowley,
    An excellent admonishment. I must point out though that your use of the "Yob's Comma" was quite sad...

I suggest:

Thanks...

14. Better yet:

Just fecking with you lol :lol: