Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer to Army Medical service

Hello everyone,

I am planning to transfer from RLC to Army Medical service in Nursing. It’s been my 5 years in the RLC regiment and now, I feel like I have to change my job role.

Has anyone here done this before or know the whole process like what sorts of qualifications and courses do I need to hold or do in order to apply for it?

Your suggestions and help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dr Death

War Hero
How many UCAS points do you have?
What GCSE's & A Levels do you have.

I don‘t think you qualify:

STUDENT NURSE - 120 UCAS points plus 3 GCSEs Grades 9-4 (previously A-C) including Maths, English Language and one of the following: Health and Social Care, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Science double/triple award or equivalent. Full entry requirements on Birmingham City University website.

It appears you need another GCSE and 48 UCAS points.

However, some qualifications within the Army attract UCAS points and you would be a mature student, which can change things. Go and speak to your education officer and RCMO. You may have to do a little studying to gain further qualifications, but its not the end of the world.

What trade are you in the RLC?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I had an RMA in the RLC working in one of my med centres. He wanted to become a nurse and didn't have the required qualifications.
He was able to get what was needed, with a lot of work and some amount of help.

Buddy!

War Hero
Hello everyone,

I am planning to transfer from RLC to Army Medical service in Nursing. It’s been my 5 years in the RLC regiment and now, I feel like I have to change my job role.

Has anyone here done this before or know the whole process like what sorts of qualifications and courses do I need to hold or do in order to apply for it?

Your suggestions and help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Regards

Look on the OAVL. The requirement to transfer is 120 UCAS points and L2 Maths and English. Good luck.

Thank you all for your help. These means a lot. Now, I will be working on it and hopefully make it happen soon .
Thanks very much once again.

I‘d recommend speaking to some military nurses, there‘s quite a few who dont pursue a career in nursing once they leave the services.

Dr Death

War Hero
Could go Health Care Assistant route and once you are fully trained and doing the job then apply to become a Student Nurse? However this route is not a sure fire way of getting trained. HCA's do a very good job and can easily reach S/Sgt within the role. On the job training coupled with experience and a recommendation by your Ward Sister/Nursing Officer will help.

Could go Health Care Assistant route and once you are fully trained and doing the job then apply to become a Student Nurse? However this route is not a sure fire way of getting trained. HCA's do a very good job and can easily reach S/Sgt within the role. On the job training coupled with experience and a recommendation by your Ward Sister/Nursing Officer will help.

You dont talk to many HCAs do you?

Latest Threads