Transfer to Army Legal Service from the Infantry

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by Quinn, Mar 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Does anyone have any information or Experience about retraining as a Barrister within the ALS. I see there is a DIN for the RN/RM, but can not find anything for the Army.

  2. I qualified as a barrister in civvy street (did a law degree, sat the bar exams etc etc) and applied to the army legal service but was told no joy until i do a pupillage.... which the army doesnt offer... Interestingly, if you join the navy and train to be an officer, serve for 3 years, they will pay a civvy firm to take you on for a year to do your pupillage then you can return as a legal officer. I cant find anything similar in the army?

    Let me know if you find out any more info please!
  3. Unfortunately the Army will only take full qualified lawyers and in the current economic climate with thousands of unemployed solicitors and qualified barristers I am reliably informed you need at least 3-5 years PQE to apply.
  4. Thanks for that. This is a British Army web site though.