Transfer To 4 Para

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by brecon_billy, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just a quick question to any people involved in the Recruit Training in 4 Para. I am an Infanteer in the South East and looking at transferring to a more "high speed" unit.

I've done Junior Brecon and got a quite good course report, have deployed in role to Iraq and generally acknowledged to be a quite good section commander (without trying to sound too full of it).

Whats the score for transferring? Obviously I am aware that I have to do P Company bt as a full screw would I be put on the RT Programme and do TA P Coy/Para CIC or sent to do All Arms P Coy after a sufficent build up period?

Not looking at making the move for 6 months and wanting to keep it quite for now hence why I haven't approached them direct.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend a good warry role for a keen Infantry Full Screw in the South East then I'm all ears.

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

3. As far as I'm aware you will work with the main company (10, 12 or 15. Whichever applies) until P-Coy comes around and then you will be sent on it with the recruits. This is assuming you have completed CIC.

However they will advise you to attend most of the recruit weekends so they can assess your fitness (you have to pass an 8 mile TAB to go on P-Coy).

Best advice is to phone and ask. Hope this helps.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They offered me as a brecon billy the chance to do the P coy assesment weekends instaed of the full 2 week camp as having passed SCBC it seemed superflous.
    They were rather keen and didnt want me to do too much non phys work which may put me off transferring. The fact that as an ex reg with all my career courses bar scbc done as a reg helped no end. I suspect that your tour as a sect cdr will help and if they want you to start from scratch then something is wrong.

5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Brecon-Billy,

You would have to do P coy (4 days) but not the whole recruit cadre and CIC. You would benefit from doing at least the last 4 or 5 recruit weekends to ensure that your phys is up to scratch. If you are local enough you should be able to just do the tabs. If that is not possible, you would do the weekends, but helpng out the DS rather than doing the full recruit activities.

Subject to passing P Coy, join the Coy and retain your rank, heading straight into a command appointment appropriate to your rank and experience.

PM me if you want to chat more about it.

Duke

6. who are you with now?

7. 3 PWRR - Very unhappy at the moment and Chain of Command not willing to transfer me internally despite several requests but are promising to turn things around. So giving them 6 months to see if they can deliver the goods and if not then I am off. Might sound jack but I am pretty keen and love to get dirty and warry and it ain't happening in my current location.

I cannot stress enough however that this is a problem not amongst all of 3 PWRR indeed it seems to be only at our location. If I was anywhere else in the Battalion then I wouldn't even be raising this issue.

3 PWRR is and will remain to be a superb unit with a proven track record of sending capable individuals and formed units on operations.

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I see things havent changed from when it was 5 Queens! Usual cr@p then no WOCS on deployment, no blank on ex, no maps, radios, I could go on but rolling up at other units in civies and chatting with their staff worked for a while, until the reg CO moved on and 5 Queens got a TA CO. It went to worse than before and we fell out!

9. Sorry to hear of your angst, BB; my experience working with 3PWRR blokes ( I am not one ) is very positive. Sounds like a PSI issue...

3PWRR even have MORTARS the lucky sods.

10. Sorry to see one of my old units undergoing the head-up-bum routine.

Have you considered a move to 49 para, they are always looking for good blokes. you could pm mistersoft for selection details.