Transfer to 4 para

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bobby-Dazzla-82, Nov 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right just testing water here hence why I have yet to contact the para recruitment team.

Can anyone tell me what the process and the requirements are for someone interested in transferring from and 4 Mercian to 4 Para

2. RezzaDue

RezzaDue Old-Salt Book Reviewer

E & E. Naked. With 3 para mortars as the hunter force.

• Like Like x 1
  3. msr

msr LE

PM The_Duke

• Like Like x 1
  4. Depends. How fit are you?

5. Training regular 5 & 10 mile runs, regular cft's I'm sure there's plenty to do but working on it

6. Where roughly do you live?

7. West mids

8. Closest Locations St Helens and Pudsey. However lads commute a fair distance.

9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Bobby,

If you have already passed CIC then you will only need to pass P Coy. However, to stand a realistic chance of doing so you will need to attend most of the recruit training cadre weekends to build up your fitness to the required level. If you haven't passed CIC, you will go back to weekend 1 with the 4 Para cadre and do the whole thing from scratch.

Go and visit your nearest location and have a chat with them. If you still want to do it, then start the ball rolling by getting your unit to draft up the transfer form. Take this with you to 4 Para who will then complete the transfer in plenty of time for you to start the next cadre.

Advice: More fail than pass, so don't burn your bridges at your current unit by gobbing off and telling them how shit they all are unless you have absolutely no intention of going back there even if you fail.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks, ill speak to them this week see what's what, cheers duke

11. What are the East Midlands locations? I looked and only saw Leeds which is too far - must be wrong.

12. There arent any. St Helens and Leeds.

13. It's a real shame there are no more locations across the country.

14. Blame that on SDR and rounds of defence cuts.
    When I joined we had …..

4 PARA - Pudsey, Liverpool, Oldham, Gateshead, Norton-on-Tees, Lincoln & Liecester.

That excludes all the locations from 10 & 15 PARA who were absorbed in to it.

The only airborne presence in the East Midlands, is 144 Para Med Sqn, who are to be moving locations soon.

15. 144 parachute Medical Sqn (TA) in Nottingham