Transfer to 4 para

Right just testing water here hence why I have yet to contact the para recruitment team.

Can anyone tell me what the process and the requirements are for someone interested in transferring from and 4 Mercian to 4 Para

PM The_Duke

The_Duke

LE
Bobby,

If you have already passed CIC then you will only need to pass P Coy. However, to stand a realistic chance of doing so you will need to attend most of the recruit training cadre weekends to build up your fitness to the required level. If you haven't passed CIC, you will go back to weekend 1 with the 4 Para cadre and do the whole thing from scratch.

Go and visit your nearest location and have a chat with them. If you still want to do it, then start the ball rolling by getting your unit to draft up the transfer form. Take this with you to 4 Para who will then complete the transfer in plenty of time for you to start the next cadre.

Advice: More fail than pass, so don't burn your bridges at your current unit by gobbing off and telling them how shit they all are unless you have absolutely no intention of going back there even if you fail.

Bobby,

If you have already passed CIC then you will only need to pass P Coy. However, to stand a realistic chance of doing so you will need to attend most of the recruit training cadre weekends to build up your fitness to the required level. If you haven't passed CIC, you will go back to weekend 1 with the 4 Para cadre and do the whole thing from scratch.

Go and visit your nearest location and have a chat with them. If you still want to do it, then start the ball rolling by getting your unit to draft up the transfer form. Take this with you to 4 Para who will then complete the transfer in plenty of time for you to start the next cadre.

Advice: More fail than pass, so don't burn your bridges at your current unit by gobbing off and telling them how shit they all are unless you have absolutely no intention of going back there even if you fail.
Thanks, ill speak to them this week see what's what, cheers duke

It's a real shame there are no more locations across the country.
Blame that on SDR and rounds of defence cuts.
When I joined we had …..

4 PARA - Pudsey, Liverpool, Oldham, Gateshead, Norton-on-Tees, Lincoln & Liecester.

That excludes all the locations from 10 & 15 PARA who were absorbed in to it.

The only airborne presence in the East Midlands, is 144 Para Med Sqn, who are to be moving locations soon.

That's what I was thinking, if it's increasing in size then more locations might appear. This Regiment will always be a popular choice so they should fill their recruitment figures no problem.