Transfer to 4 Para

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Twice-the-man, May 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Was going to PM the Duke but I thought someone else might know a bit so I would put it into the open:

    Served 8 years regular infantry, 3 years TA infantry but am getting very disillusioned with the lack of motivation that is inherent within the battalion I am currently in. Consequently have been wondering if 4 Para accept transfers from other infantry battalions (obviously succesfully passing P Coy is a pre-requisite) as long as they believe you have something to offer.

    Would be nice to serve with motivated blokes again, in a unit where the words 'P.T' doesn't thin half the company out and when its time to go into the field there is a bare handful of attenders but adventure training or on-the-piss weekends and people you didn't even realise were still in come out the woodwork.
  2. Why dont you go for broke and selection. What do you have to lose?

    You sound motivated.Do it
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Agree. If you want motivated people, that's the place to look.
  4. I've considered attempting selection but the intensity of the programme, i.e 5-6 weeks off for test week, continuation training, BPC, all in the same calendar year is not something I could get signed off by my employer.
  5. The_Duke

    The_Duke LE Moderator

    OK, I'll post the same answer in open forum as I would have given you by PM.

    4 Para welcome transfers in from other units. As a trained infantry soldier you would come across and keep your rank (assuming suitable qualifications held and PIDs available to accept you into to). You would need to pass P Coy, which would entail you attending a fair amount of a recruit cadre to get your fitness up to the standard required, and to allow you to get to know the people you will be doing P Coy with.

    Just turning up and going to P Coy is not an option - you will need to prove that you have the ability to make a reasonable attempt at it before you will be put forward.
  6. I'll revert to the other means as any more info and somebody from my current battalion who is particularly eagle-eyed could ping me.