Transfer RAMC - QARANC

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Kahuna382000, Jun 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a CMT 1 LCpl, six years service and I've been thinking a LT lately about a transfer to mental health nursing. So I was hoping that someone could shed some light on it all for me.
  2. I believe this question or ones like it have been done to death in other threads, you could try searching before posting it may point you in the right direction. Also please don't take this as gospel as I am only a ex infantry TFI to the RAMC however I have managed to do well from the move to the corp gaining both a PG Cert and my civi paramedic registration, but I believe you need to be a qualified RGN (A) before going straight to MH nursing. That said I could be and more than likely am wrong.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  3. I'm going to ask our mental health team here some questions. I was rather hoping that someone on her might have done this already.
  4. Nope. MH Nursing is an entirely different Branch, rather than just a speciality. Direct entry is the normal route. the big sticking point for TFIs is having the necessary UCAS points to get on the course in the first place, since nursing is all-degree these days. For likely lads and lasses without, I believe BCU are now running a two-year Foundation Degree (FdSc) that then gives you access to the pre-registration course at the 1/3 of the way through point, i.e. missing out the first year, so you'd qualify in four years instead of three. Best POC is the QA Recruitment Officer. The new one is currently in the Stan, but when she's back I heartily recommend a chat with her - she's ex-NEA and also ex-OC at BCU. :D
  5. Rgr that mate cheers for putting things straight, like I said I wasn't sure on the details so its always good to have a upto date point of view.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)