Transfer RAF to Army?

Hi guys sorry if this been posted before but couldn't find specifics of my query in the search!

I was wondering if there's a cut off age for transferring between the 2 service's. I know RAF recruitment age was increased to 47, but Army hasn't adjusted.

I'm former RE, left as thought the grass was greener it clearly wasn't. When I rejoined I chose the RAF for something different, don't get me wrong it's decent but I prefer the Army way of doing things, but wondering if it's possible to get a transfer at my age which is now 41! Trade wise I can carry that across as it's fully transferable skill set with the exact role I do now available in RE, SIGs, RLC and REME so trade training is no dramas.

But now the OAVL isn't available as a spreadsheet anymore can't even look into what transfer options are possible or find contacts, was wondering if anyone here may have some insight.

Hi guys sorry if this been posted before but couldn't find specifics of my query in the search!

Trade wise I can carry that across as it's fully transferable skill set with the exact role I do now available in RE, SIGs, RLC and REME so trade training is no dramas.

If I were you - I would don some smart clothing and take a drive to the nearest Unit and ask at that Unit. Preferably with the RSM / Adt.

If they deem that they want you - They will make it happen.

Latest Threads