Transfer (possibly)

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Tango, Oct 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I attended a trade fair the other week in Germany, where I got the usual
    spiel about the Int Corps from the recruiters.

I'm still thinking about transferring or not, I'm R. Signals at the moment.
    Just wondering if I can get the honest opinion from the horse's mouth.

Looking to go Op MI.

2. I would say do it, but I'm xfering to your lot! :roll:

3. :lol:

Without going into 'whinging scaley' mode, I'd definitely say go for it. I'm just sick of my
    job. Great fun and social life, though! What trade are you going for?

4. I spent my first 11 as a scaley and the next 11 as a happy slime. Can thoroughly recommend the change. What rank and trade are you at the moment?

5. Davros is going in as GODS TRADE......Spec Op of course!

Davros hows the sun tan coming along?

6. A colleague of mine transferred about 4 years ago - has not looked back. Having said that, I know of plenty of people who have transferred, only to find out the grass wasn't that much greener....

All I can suggest is a chat with RCMO, see if you can speak to someone who's already doing the job you want to go to, and make your decision based on fact, not on feeling.

Ghost

7. Surely you are having a laugh?

8. The best thing about spec ops is watching them mince into their air conditioned, windowless set rooms wearing para / SAS smocks(they're all hats), Lowa boots and a gay smile. Feckin honchos.

9. Within the J2/G2 community, we prefer to call them parasites. I understand that the Royal Corps of Signals guys feel the same - how many EOD posts did they take?

10. Geordie_Blerk wrote:

The best thing about spec ops is watching them mince into their air conditioned, windowless set rooms wearing para / SAS smocks(they're all hats), Lowa boots and a gay smile. Feckin honchos.

Oi! I resemble that remark.

11. I bet you've never polished your Lowas either.

12. Had a chat with a couple of Int guys, and they said it was likely that when (not if anymore) I rebadged, I'd go
    straight onto my A2. Does this seem likely?

-Tango

13. depends. what rank are you?

14. Spoken mainly in Poland, apparently.