Transfer of SC

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Sig_Sharky, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m a TA signaller and I have just been offered a job which requires my SC clearance, not sure how I go about proving / transferring my clearance.

I want to remain in the TA so I don’t want to transfer it to this company and then find it’s stuffed me up with the army.

Anyone know how this works ?
  2. If you are on 'the list' then it carries across, I put on my CV that I am DV and the company I had the interview with checked and said fine.
  3. If it transfers across does that mean it then becomes the property of the company and not of the army.
  4. No. A list X company can transfer it over to them if they want to. But it won't make a difference to the Army, or your potential employer.
  5. Cow

Cow LE

Interesting problem. When I left the Army I had SC, the company I joined then took over the 'upkeep' of the clearence. Best people to speak to are the DVA
    Link: Google: DVA
  6. It's not. A company doesn't need to transfer it for you to work for them, all they need is proof that you have the clearance. I have done work for both Fujitsu, and Siemens at the same time, with neither of them transfering the clearance. All the prospective employer needs to do is to speak to the DVA, and request proof of clearance.
  7. Is this the same for DV clearance?
  8. not quite true-DVis psot dependent so when in Civvy Street , you might not automatically keep DV status, lots of peeps here ex Mil who were DV now SC, equally soem now DV who were only ever SC whilst serving.

By the way DV is a great bargaining tool, a company can take you on, whislt they assess you (probation) a lot easier inmost cases than, taking on non cleared pax who have to wait tostrat work then prove themselves-just thought to keep in mind when negotiating pay!!!!!!!! That's right you don't have to accept any pay range, get paid what you are worthfor once:)

Ok so that doesn't work inmy case I owe the MOD something back:)