Transfer news and gossip - Summer 09

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by skintboymike, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll start us off;

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_5360176,00.html

I wonder what odds you'd get on him still ending up at Chelsea/Man City at the start of the season?

2. Barry to man City?

If it happens, cnut of the highest order.

3. Already has happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8079088.stm

Not quite sure why you think he's a cunt though. He's been there 11 years and won fuck all (oh ok then, an Intertoto Cup in '01), I can't see anything wrong with him wanting a change of scenery.

4. he forced their hand last season citing he wanted 'Champions League football'.

He has been a great player for them but I can't see City in the top four for a while yet.

I have been known to be wrong though, very occasionally :wink:

5. Depends who they sign with their millions. I can see Arsenal dropping out unless they find an experienced centre back and defensive midfielder.

If City do manage to get David Villa then he would certainly fire them into the top 4. In my opinion he is the best out and out striker in the world and would easily get 25 goals in the league, if not more. Although it's being reported he wants a move to either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Its been reported that a bid for Kaka of 65 million euro's from Real Madrid has been accepted by AC Milan and all that is left to sort out is the commision Kaka will earn from the copyright of his name...shirt sales etc.

Liverpool and Chelsea are fighting it out for the signature of Glen Johnson and Chelsea have reportably tabled a 30m million bid for Alexander Pato of AC Milan.

Tottenham want to sign Marseille captain Lorik Cana for 5m. They are also looking into the possibilty of signing Blackburn left back Stephen Warnock and could offer Pascal Chimbonda plus cash.

Everton have offered Michael Owen a chance to come back to the Premiership, offering him a 50,000 a week on a pay as you play contract.
    They will also offer Victor Anichebie as bait for Cardiff Citys Joe ledley.