Transfer into AAC from Commonwealth country

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Felix_the_cat, Mar 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I'm just making some enquiries about the process of transferring into AAC, for a currently serving member of a Commonwealth country Army. If anyone has done this, or knows of people who have, any info would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Think you need to apply to HQ Recruiting group in Upavon...try the following:

    AAC Soldier
  3. Cheers for that Mutt.
  4. I checked it out, not quite what I was after. I'm enquiring about transferring as aircrew. Currently serving, and passed all the tests in my local for aircrew, have just been givien a big wait out due to an excess of numbers and decrease in trg resourses. Already been in the process for 18 months and not prepared to wait the extra 12, so looking at switching over to.
  5. Be prepared for a longer wait. You will have to complete 3 years in the service before you can get resident status which you will need for any security clearance. :!:
  6. Three years?? I've known of people that have transferred pretty much straight over. They were Infantry and went to a Brit Infantry unit, and as far as I've been told, times have ranged between 6-12 months.

    Thanks for the info.
  7. Thats because you are aiming to transfer / be selected for pilot training. All pilots are SC so you will have to wait 3 years for that clearance. Normal service (e.g. Inf etc) just require standard check and are therefore accepted quicker. But that said it will still depend on the job. You really ought to check with whichever service you intend to fly with for the pre-requisites before application.