Transfer from TA to Regular

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Typsey, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No, I'm not trying to short cut the system as I was a regular for 10 years myself.

Am now in the TA and was mobilised back in Nov 07. During mobilisation at Chilwell we received a briefing on the ability to request transfer from TA to Regular. At the time I was told this was an option for both ORs and officers.

Having yet again drawn a blank from the CoC and admin support here, does anyone know about this or if there is a DIN covering this hidden in the darkest recesses of Army Net that I am missing?

One of my soldiers is requesting transfer and I would very much like to point him in the right direction.

Very many thanks.
  2. I did the same thing back in 2003/4.

I had left after 14 years (Grass not greener!) I had also joined the TA on leaving as I wanted the bounty.

To cut a long story short, I wound up unemployed and managed to blag a 2 yr FTRS. After one year of this, I was eligible to transfer back into the Regs on an "S" type. Not sure how it works now with V-ENG but I am sure your admin staff can help or at the very least point you in the right direction.

I can not remember the form I applied on, It was either a form out of AGAI's or a DCI (DIN now). The CO signed it and I was a civvy for a day then rejoined the Army. (I had to be discharged then rejoin)

If you get no joy, pm me and I will dig out my paperwork and let you know what the forms were.

Wierd thing is that my 22 would have been up last month had I stayed in. Now with V-Eng I am in till 2012. God I feel old now!!

Good luck