Transfer from RAF Regt to Para regt?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by BONE, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hopefully this is the right section and someone can help me, I'm currently y serving in the RAF Regt, I want to join an offensive force to get the chance to do more on ops, a unit that has a good reputation and has a keen emphasis on fitness, hence why choosing the para regt.

Anyway my question is, if anyone can help. How do I go about putting in for a transfer to the Para regt, how much training would I be required to do? I have done one tour of Afghanistan I know everyone takes the piss out of us but we are well trained, just unfortunately never get to use the training. So how much training would I have to do at catterick to join the paras? Would I keep my same pay band once I pass out into the para's? I'm currently on private pay scale 5.

Any help would be great, I have emailed the email on the armyjobs site, asking the above questions, just wondering if anyone knows someone who has transferred before from the RAF or Navy to the para's, and how much training would I have to complete?

Thanks in advance, being in the military i fully expect some crab, remf jokes. All of which i'm used to and im the first to mock my own regiment for staging on and doing a whole lot of nothing

2. Thanks but I want a quiet evening. Go speak with your admin team they will be able to tell you what's possible.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.