Transfer from NZ Army

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer from the NZ Army to the British Army without doing basic again? I know of a few who have gone the other way but none going to the UK.
I'm in the Armoured corps (have also done infantry corps training) and would be especially keen on the household cav. Would I need to find some kind of sponsor within HCAV or do it through the usual recruiting process? Any advice or help would be much appreciated :)

I believe @Crash did albeit from the NZAF.
I did, but that was almost 30 years ago. I spent a week or two at Cranwell then off to my professional training. A friend - with oodles of rotary time as captain had to repeat his basic helicopter training; others have done a level transfer and straight into a role. It will depend on your experience, qualifications etc; I wish you luck with the recruitment process. It can take a long time.

I did, but that was almost 30 years ago. I spent a week or two at Cranwell then off to my professional training. A friend - with oodles of rotary time as captain had to repeat his basic helicopter training; others have done a level transfer and straight into a role. It will depend on your experience, qualifications etc; I wish you luck with the recruitment process. It can take a long time.
And here I thought you were on your ancestry visa/ under30 2 year or whatever...like my ex. ;)

Hey mate I’m looking at doing a similar route, currently Australian Army, I’ve got a recently transferred pom in my unit who tells me not to do it but the way this Army is going is ridiculous (not saying the British Army is the land of milk and honey but I’ll give it a red hot crack)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Hey mate I’m looking at doing a similar route, currently Australian Army, I’ve got a recently transferred pom in my unit who tells me not to do it but the way this Army is going is ridiculous (not saying the British Army is the land of milk and honey but I’ll give it a red hot crack)
Go for the AGC or Guards and they'll give you one.