Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Transfer from infantry to ramc

Blackprawn

Swinger
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place and I've read most of the other articles of similar titles.
I am having major issues transferring to the med corps. I signed up to be a medic. Before I signed up I held a paramedic qualification and a university degree, 7 years study all told. The degree is not related to medicine, but its still a degree.
I was a month away from starting training at Alexander barracks when I received an email basically saying 'because you're Irish, you can't get security clearance to be a medic, join this regiment and transfer'. So I did. I got to batallion and then applied to transfer 4 times and waited 6 months for an OC's interview. That was a month ago. I have spoken to my oc, the Rcmo of my unit, the padre, anyone who will listen. And I'm getting nothing in return.

So I'm wondering if I could email the Rcmo in charge of the RAMC and explain the situation in full. Perhaps something might be done if the right people are made aware of the fact that a qualified paramedic is guarding a gate, suffering skill fade in a job he neither wanted nor signed up for?

I hope you kept a copy of the "because you're Irish" email as I reckon you have good chance of getting into the RAMC. As to your Irishness, do you qualify for a UK passport you resident in the UK when you applied to join the Army?

I agree with you, you do appear to have been well and truely screwed!

I have every email they ever sent me. As for passport, I'd need to be resident 5 years to qualify. The thing is, my security clearance to go on operations came back no problem. And in the past I've gotten DBS clearance to teach children no problem. I can get clearance to shoot people, but not to help them?

Don't go outside the chain of command or it may come back and bite you.

Have you submitted Army Form B241 (a request for transfer). If not then do so. If you have find out what's happened to it.

Who on earth came up with that ? First time I've ever heard anything like that! Someone who's currently serving in the RAMC might know.

Try and find the mythical RCMO, and don't let the slippery git off the hook. Get everything in writing and as has been said keep in the chain of command.

I had 4 interviews with my platoon commander who sent off 4 interview proforma's to the Sgt major and oc. After 6 months, I had the interview and then nothing. I showed him all of my qualifications etc. As for going outside my chain of command, I am fast approaching the point where I don't care.

All I'm looking for is an email address for someone who can make a difference.
Whilst I sympathise don't make the mistake of stepping outside the chain of command. Being labelled as a troublemaker, however unfair, will not help in the transfer process. Fill in the Forms and follow the process. If that fails then follow the redress process but stick to the rules.

Suggest if you don't care much you contact:
General Sir Nick Carter who is Chief of the General Staff and Head of The Army

s300_ArmyHQ-2014-019-52.jpg

This is him!

BUT be warned that the poo will hit the fan when you contact him!!

Very interesting case; it doesn't particularly surprise me as there are individuals out there dishing out very questionable career advice / incorrect information.

OP: Do you have access to DII?