transfer from infantry to a core

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by brockite 21, Dec 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i want to transfer from the infantry to a corps i am currently a full screw and dont want to lose my rank any one know where i can transfer to and have no loss of rank i have signals quals so if i can find a job there that would be ideal
  2. It's "corps".

You could try speaking to someone friendly in your LAD?

Your RCMO should be able to advise.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Unless you can rewrite that post using the correct spelling and at least some punctuation, I wouldn't even bother trying.
  4. cheers mate thats not a bad shout
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Bollocks Bovril, speeeling and punctutation like that is purfect for the AGc, stop putting the lad off :)
  6. lol like i said infantry
  7. !!!!!!!"""""???????? that better
  8. I've been trying the same thing and have been hitting a brick wall with it. According to my RCMO, the REME, RE,RLC,AAC are no longer accepting transfers because of the sdsr. The only corps taking people are the int corps and royal signals as far as I'm aware. Shit for me but if sigs is your thing u should be fine
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Brokite I'd avoid the Royal Signals if I were you, its the cap badge you see. The ******* foot keeps coming off and they're not bloody cheap I reckon every QM has a separate cash account to fund their retirement.
  10. You have rank and leadership qualitys, maybe a training role in the sig quals you already have. An instructor having experienced the right way and the wrong way is so valuable. Any spacker can use a radio etc.

Speak to someone at work regarding potential moves, and ask Santa for a ******* dictionary.

The powers that be tend to bend over backwards to minimise the financial impact of a move, moving to Sigs for example could see a reduction in rank with no loss of pay.

Good luck.
  11. You need to find out when the nearest internal transfer fair is on and the inform your CoC know your going to it.