Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by britdownunder, Feb 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I am currently in the aussie army and am wishing to transfer to the british army...i grew up in the UK, moving to Oz when my father did the lateral transfer in 2002. Have been unable to find any info on this on the net, this seemed to be the best place to find out.

Have noticed that everyone seems to want to come over to Australia, surely i am not the only person who wishes to go the other way!

Any thoughts and info would be appreciated.

2. Only commissioned Officers from commonwealth countries, (not O/Rs) have the possibility of a lateral transfer, pm me if you require details on this.
  3. Mate, go to the recruiting bit of the British Army website and start there. Ther is an online recruiting enquiry link
    From past experience, I would think you'll basically start from scratch again - including Phase 1 (Recruit training).
    I may be wrong, but I am sure there is not a similar scheme to the ADF lateral transfer process.

4. I've checked that out and didnt get anywhere. I've already got a commission so was hoping to skip sandhurst, possibly just lose seniority like the brits who come over here do.
  5. Probably best to go over on leave and have a chat face to face then. Like I said, I don't think there is a lateral recruiting scheme, so may be a case by case thing.

Good Luck :)
  6. Yeah, just got back from edinburgh on leave, staying with family and got in touch with them, since returning ive sent a few emails and was put in touch with who i was told could help but have had no reply.

Surely an australian commission is worth something in the british army.

I cant be the first person to try and do it
  7. Consider giving this a spin mate,
  8. This page only talks about the full training...surely i wouldnt have to do officer training giving that i already hold a commission?
  9. Ask them and see, its a very busy Corp with a lot to branch out into.
  10. Will do, cheers, it seems to be a lot easier to get information if ur a brit soldier wanting to come to australia.

Have decided that the british army is what i want...seems to be alot more opportunity, be it exercises or deployments etc compared to the aussie army, which is not seeming to go to many places, particularly within artillery

11. Hancock and Morant thought that too :D
  12. haha fair cop...guess it would be the first of many comments like that if i manage to make it over!

Still i class myself as british not australian having lived in the uk until the age of 13....i suppose i can have the best of both worlds
  13. pm sent with the respective information, check your inbox bdu