• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

transfer from army to R.A.F.

#1
i have a mate of mine wanting to transfer from the army to the R.A.F.

hes looked every where. how to do it and no one know anything about how to go about it.

so what iam after is a little help from anyone that knows the process.
about how to transfer and what he is required to do.

many thanks.
 
#2
Has your friend (cough) tried wearing a pair of backless PVC chaps, a string vest and a glittery cowboy hat and mincing up the Kings Road?
 
#5
polar69 said:
I don't think you can just transfer
I believe you have to leave the army then join the RAF
like i have said no one knows.
and is it true that you have to go down that road.
 
#8
Ask blue-sophist,
He was in the RAF & Navy so he may know how to transfer across.
Good luck to your mate.
Spike.
Ex-RAF.
 
#9
Ask blue-sophist,
He was in the RAF & Navy so he may know how to transfer across.
Good luck to your mate.
Spike.
Ex-RAF.
 
#10
Obviously don't know your 'friends' circumstances. But I do know of 2 Infantry bods who transferred straight over, equiv rank etc.

Posting this in the NAAFI....gutsy.
 
#12
sampaul1966 said:
He may have to learn how to use a knife AND a fork before he can join the RAF
Perhaps, but eating peas with ones knife isn't the sort of thing a chap would want to learn.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#13
I believe you can transfer between services, you used to use the same transfer form as you would for internal transfer, not sure how it works on JPA.

Your friends admin office should know the answer,
 
#14
Is he looking to go into the ranks or commission? For commissioning, you don't have to leave. You apply for a transfer and the COC should then send a signal to the RAF (Officer and AIrcrew Selection Centre at Cranwell)saying they can officially talk to you. You nominate the careers office you want to go to (thats how the RAF do it) and crack on as if you were a civvie applying.
 
#15
You need to go to your admin office, speak to the chief clark and get an application for transfer form, or PM me your fax number and i will fax you one on Tuesday. I am not an admin clerk i am a medic i just know where to find stuff. but to be honest your chief clerk should sort it. Do not leave then try to join up, u have to be out of the Army for over a year before the RAF will consider an application, and then you will have to do basic training all over again. do not let your clerks tell you otherwise just to make their job easier.

Hope that helps.
 
#16
FNUSNU said:
Is he looking to go into the ranks or commission? For commissioning, you don't have to leave. You apply for a transfer and the COC should then send a signal to the RAF (Officer and AIrcrew Selection Centre at Cranwell)saying they can officially talk to you. You nominate the careers office you want to go to (thats how the RAF do it) and crack on as if you were a civvie applying.
just to go into rank.

he is not lookin for a commission.
 
#18
D0lly86 said:
You need to go to your admin office, speak to the chief clark and get an application for transfer form, or PM me your fax number and i will fax you one on Tuesday. I am not an admin clerk i am a medic i just know where to find stuff. but to be honest your chief clerk should sort it. Do not leave then try to join up, u have to be out of the Army for over a year before the RAF will consider an application, and then you will have to do basic training all over again. do not let your clerks tell you otherwise just to make their job easier.

Hope that helps.

That's what I was told when I was made 'redundent'.I could go back in without doing basic within the first year.Ater that I'd hve to go bc thru Swinderby.
(I actually sucsessfully passed to go back in within the first year but the was no vacancies in the Armament trade! :x )
 
#20
spike7451 said:
D0lly86 said:
You need to go to your admin office, speak to the chief clark and get an application for transfer form, or PM me your fax number and i will fax you one on Tuesday. I am not an admin clerk i am a medic i just know where to find stuff. but to be honest your chief clerk should sort it. Do not leave then try to join up, u have to be out of the Army for over a year before the RAF will consider an application, and then you will have to do basic training all over again. do not let your clerks tell you otherwise just to make their job easier.

Hope that helps.

That's what I was told when I was made 'redundent'.I could go back in without doing basic within the first year.Ater that I'd hve to go bc thru Swinderby.
(I actually sucsessfully passed to go back in within the first year but the was no vacancies in the Armament trade! :x )
Swinderby, jesus how long ago was that! thats not what i was saying anyway, you can transfer directly but if you leave they will not let you back in untill you have been out a year and then you must do basic.
 

Latest Threads

Top