ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

transfer from army to R.A.F.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by WRAPJOBAGAIN, Aug 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. i have a mate of mine wanting to transfer from the army to the R.A.F.

    hes looked every where. how to do it and no one know anything about how to go about it.

    so what iam after is a little help from anyone that knows the process.
    about how to transfer and what he is required to do.

    many thanks.
  2. Has your friend (cough) tried wearing a pair of backless PVC chaps, a string vest and a glittery cowboy hat and mincing up the Kings Road?
  3. very funny.

    not yet.
  4. I don't think you can just transfer
    I believe you have to leave the army then join the RAF
  5. like i have said no one knows.
    and is it true that you have to go down that road.
  6. Surely the answer is simply RCMO?
  7. he has gone down that road. and its been 5 weeks since and he has not heard anything.
  8. spike7451

    spike7451 RIP

    Ask blue-sophist,
    He was in the RAF & Navy so he may know how to transfer across.
    Good luck to your mate.
  9. spike7451

    spike7451 RIP

    Ask blue-sophist,
    He was in the RAF & Navy so he may know how to transfer across.
    Good luck to your mate.
  10. Obviously don't know your 'friends' circumstances. But I do know of 2 Infantry bods who transferred straight over, equiv rank etc.

    Posting this in the NAAFI....gutsy.
  11. He may have to learn how to use a knife AND a fork before he can join the RAF
  12. Perhaps, but eating peas with ones knife isn't the sort of thing a chap would want to learn.
  13. I believe you can transfer between services, you used to use the same transfer form as you would for internal transfer, not sure how it works on JPA.

    Your friends admin office should know the answer,
  14. Is he looking to go into the ranks or commission? For commissioning, you don't have to leave. You apply for a transfer and the COC should then send a signal to the RAF (Officer and AIrcrew Selection Centre at Cranwell)saying they can officially talk to you. You nominate the careers office you want to go to (thats how the RAF do it) and crack on as if you were a civvie applying.
  15. You need to go to your admin office, speak to the chief clark and get an application for transfer form, or PM me your fax number and i will fax you one on Tuesday. I am not an admin clerk i am a medic i just know where to find stuff. but to be honest your chief clerk should sort it. Do not leave then try to join up, u have to be out of the Army for over a year before the RAF will consider an application, and then you will have to do basic training all over again. do not let your clerks tell you otherwise just to make their job easier.

    Hope that helps.