Tranny in prison feels rights violated

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Raven2008, Sep 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090904/tuk-transsexual-wins-prison-move-ruling-6323e80.html

59 mins ago
    Press Assoc.

Buzz Up!
    * Print Story

A transsexual prisoner serving life for manslaughter and attempted rape committed while she was a man has won a High Court declaration that a refusal of the authorities to move her to a women's prison was a violation of her human rights. Skip related content

The 27-year-old prisoner, who cannot be identified, was described by her lawyer as "a woman trapped inside a man's body".

Deputy Judge David Elvin QC, sitting at London's High Court, quashed Justice Secretary Jack Straw's decision to continue detaining "A" in a male prison.

He said: "I declare her continued detention in a male prison is in breach of her rights under Article 8 (right to private and family life) under the European Convention on Human Rights."

The judge was told that steps were already being put in place to transfer A to a female prison "as soon as possible".

Barrister Phillippa Kaufmann, appearing for the prisoner, told the court: "An indication has just been given to us that the transfer should be effective in a few weeks."

Ms Kaufmann had described at a recent hearing how, although apparently born male, A had her womanhood recognised by law and her birth certificate had been amended to show her female sex.

Hair on A's face and legs had been permanently removed by laser and she had developed breasts after hormone treatment. But she was forbidden from wearing skirts or blouses, or more than "subtle" make-up, at the men's prison where she was being held on a "vulnerable prisoners" wing.

To complete her change to full womanhood, she required gender reassignment surgery, but had been told she could not have it while she remained in a men's prison.

The Department of Justice and the prison authorities argued that the prisoner would be no more likely to be accepted by inmates at a female prison and that, if moved, she would have to spend long periods in segregation at an extra cost of £80,000 per year. They contended that a move to a female jail might have a serious impact on her mental health and make it more difficult for her to reduce her level of risk to society and win early release from her sentence.

Some1 watching too many re runs of What Women Want or Mrs Doubtfire?

2. So lets get this right, he committed attempted rape and has yet to have his bits removed, and so the sensible thing is to put him in with a bunch of women??? :roll:

3. How did he manage to change his sex on his birth certificate if he still has male genitalia?

Regardless of HIS crime or other work, he still has meat and veg swinging between his legs. He is a MALE. End of discussion.

When he is realeased he can complete his journey to femininity, and become a woman.

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I fail to see the logic here.

So he has had his c0ck chopped off and wants to play for the other side, right? So why would you want to put yourself into the enviornment of the sex you have rejected and away from what you now (presumably) find attractive? Bizarre.

If nothing else, she could make a fortune in drugs and fags from being the Prisons working girl :)

EDIT

My bad. Thought he/she was post - op.

Must read next time ;)

5. I hope to fuck that he/she/it's 'gender re-assignment surgery' isn't being done on the NHS.

6. What a crock of shite

7. Crock of shite.

8. Lets see now…

Bloke is serving life in a blokes prison, harsh regime and plenty of surprise butt sex in the showers.

Bloke now decides he's a she so he gets transferred to a womans prison, soft regime, no surprise butt sex in the showers, but plenty of what blokes get up to with girlies with their tongues instead.

Does anyone else smell a rat here?

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

(Manslaughter and attempted rape? Does that mean she died on you before you finished?)

So get banged up for rape.
    Buy a frock and say, "Call me Glenda".
    Get transferred to a womens prison full of 1000's of rough birds who have'nt been getting any for years......

Where do I sign to do this :D

10. You probably hope in vain!

11. if he/she/it was done for rape, that will go down really well with the ladies in jail

12. The only toss up is wether you send him to billy Smart's circus, to live with the rest of the f ucking freak show, or form another orderly queue with all the others to "go East"

[​IMG]

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Compared to what normally "goes down" they might not mind.... :wink:

14. When "A" proves he understands how bad it was that he breached others human rights (ie the manslaughter/attempted rape victims), we'll consider giving a sh1t about his.

15. Oooops :oops: think i used the wrong words there :wink: