• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Trannies

Was just wondering if, what with the emergence of digital music players and digital radio, if anyone, like me, still listened to a 'tranny' or transistor radio to give it it's proper title?

Or have you all 'crossed over' to more modern appliances?

Nah I still call it a trannie! Thinking of getting an old art deco type for displaying on my shelves in the livingroom. What about the Roberts ones they still look like trannies even though they are DAB

I used to have a little transistor radio. It never seemed to stay on the same station for long or you might end up listening to two different stations at the same time. My little tranny had a lot of problems with mixed signals.
I dont have any battery operated entertainment system at the moment, although my wife has something that she uses when I am away.

Yes, listening to one right now.

A few weeks ago I tried to attach my ipod to it to see if it would use the trannies speakers, but it didn't work properly. Probably because it wasn't the natural setup. I guess you should use it for what it was originally designed to do instead of trying to turn it into something else.

C

cloudbuster

Haven't had a tranny for many a year - not since the days of 'Round The Horn' with it's double-entendres.

phil245

LE
Book Reviewer
jack and Jill went up the hill,
for Jack to lick Jill's fanny.
Jack got a shock
and a mouth full of cock
Cos jill's a fcuking tranny.

sorry posted on the wrong thread.

See, I like mine a lot but can't make up my mind whether to switch over to something different. It seems a bit of a chop to me but I guess I'd end up with a smaller package, something that was easier to handle. Should I go for the top end first or concentrate on the bottom end?

See, I like mine a lot but can't make up my mind whether to switch over to something different. It seems a bit of a chop to me but I guess I'd end up with a smaller package, something that was easier to handle. Should I go for the top end first or concentrate on the bottom end?
I wouldn't bother with the expensive looking ones, they're just a cheap radio in drag.

Oh yes, I have a little tranny too, to be fair though it only comes out of the closet at weekends and makes odd sounds when I twiddle its little knobs but is still very good, I always take it abroad with me, the World Service is comforting in foreignerville

Oh yes, I have a little tranny too, to be fair though it only comes out of the closet at weekends and makes odd sounds when I twiddle its little knobs but is still very good, I always take it abroad with me, the World Service is comforting in foreignerville
Thats what I like about a proper tranny; it might have looked small and compact, but there was always a knob to twiddle.

I've got an old tranny - you need to give it a good beating to get it to work - It uses a roof aerial connection so its male to female..no hold on is that female to male....no....no.wait a minute its female to female....fuck it..which i don't obviously

Latest Threads