Tranche 4

Any arsers who are privy to important information got any news on Tranche 4?

Is it going to happen? (******* hope so!)

When?

Thanks in advance.

Eventually i am come here and want to say you that thanks for sharing your concept regarding the post. I am also feeling that this is one of the good posts.
Cheers comrade. Reported.

Heard a disturbing rumour at work today that Tranche 4 has been cancelled due to lack of funds? Can anybody shed some light on this as i am desperatley hoping that it is just a rumour.

I think you will find that there is no Tranche 4, however, there is a 'Future Redundancy' happening on the same lines as the first 3 Tranches ^~

Tranche 3a?

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for a payout on Tranche 4. A lot of people are going to be clicking JPA in a strop when the announcement happens.

Maybe that's the cunning plan - alot cheaper that way!

Briefs will be given on 23rd and fields released spelling on 24th. This is gospel.
Have a meeting with my CO, subject not revealed despite asking, this Wednesday 22nd Jan. I would certainly be in the frame for tranche 4, so am thinking this is likely to be the subject matter, but he isn't letting on. When I asked him directly last week (16th) he said he had not been informed of a redundancy announcement, that it still had not been signed off at Ministerial level but he wasn't going to tell me the subject of the meeting either. Maybe I'm in the shit for something else? Seems odd, though. Despite us both being around last week, this meeting (an hour of my time) has to be this week.

Trying to find the dates of the last 3 rounds. From rather difficult Google searching I think they were:

T1 - Announcement on Tuesday 1st Mar 2011 (RAF), Monday 4th Apr 2011 (RN and Army); Notification of redundancy Thursday 1st Sep 2011 (Army / RAF), Friday 30th Sep 2011 (RN)
T2 - Announcement on Monday 12th Dec 2011; Fields announced Tuesday 17th Jan 2012, Notifications of redundancy Tuesday 12th June 2012
T3 - Announcement on Tuesday 15th Jan 2013; Fields announced Tuesday 22nd Jan 2013; Notifications of redundancy Tuesday 18th Jun 13.

Bit chaotic in the first tranche, and can't seem to find if the tranche 1 announcement and field announcements were one and the same, but I think they probably were. More coordinated for 2 and 3; and presumably 4 (if it really is coming).

Looking at the past Tuesday seems to be the day to announce stuff, on the whole.

Last edited:
Have a meeting with my CO, subject not revealed despite asking, this Wednesday 22nd Jan. I would certainly be in the frame for tranche 4, so am thinking this is likely to be the subject matter, but he isn't letting on. When I asked him directly last week (16th) he said he had not been informed of a redundancy announcement, that it still had not been signed off at Ministerial level but he wasn't going to tell me the subject of the meeting either. Maybe I'm in the shit for something else? Seems odd, though. Despite us both being around last week, this meeting (an hour of my time) has to be this week.
'Bye then. Can I have your boots?