Tranche 1 REME Hit List

If it can be believed.
8 Tech Tiffy SSgts getting the chop and only one Artisan no longer being required.
Says it all really.
Most likely because they need more people grafting, than people sat in the office making graphs and charts to monitor the work output...

Of course how watching a dvd whilst you wait for a machine to run a diagnostic test can be called work is beyond me..

Yes im on it

Me too... Application on it's way!

Gripe 1: What gets me is that my OC took me in his office to say I'd been offered redundancy... I haven't, I'm simply 'in the bracket', now while I will be applying, it in no means guarantees my acceptance.

Gripe 2: What's with the soddin media? 'Thousands of Army & Navy personnel have just found out they've been sacked (by letter)... Balls! I saw no letter, and again, all they've done is publish the trade and year criteria for redundancy.

James, me thinkst that your OC doesn't fully understand what he's on about.

But that shouldn't surprise you, should it?

Gripe 3: How come i've done 24 years, i'm a hated Artisan (according to the REME upper echelon) and they still haven't offered me redundancy...The barstewards
Because the 'deadwood' who run out before 01 Aug 2014 are 'out of zone' and they do not have to pay you off. So its a case of turn to the right and carry on normal jogging.

Is it just me or does anyone else think they may have inadvertently swopped the lines for tech Cpl and Sgt. ???
Are there really techs serving who have reached 15 yrs (LOS not age) without getting the third stripe up, let alone getting to 22 yrs and still without it?

I never met any whilst I was still in.
Even knobbers, and I am sure some who knew me would have included me in that group, got promoted into the Sgts Mess.
Or did we just beat the others to the un-opened cereal box?

Mainly LE Capts & Majs on it. As well as this programme,DM(A) have got more levers to pull already to reduce officer numbers i.e. by not converting those on SSC to IRC (out after 6-8 yrs service) or those on IRC to Reg C (out after 16 years)

Log on to ArmyNet to see the full list

Is it just me or does anyone else think they may have inadvertently swopped the lines for tech Cpl and Sgt. ???
Are there really techs serving who have reached 15 yrs (LOS not age) without getting the third stripe up, let alone getting to 22 yrs and still without it?

I never met any whilst I was still in.
Even knobbers, and I am sure some who knew me would have included me in that group, got promoted into the Sgts Mess.
Or did we just beat the others to the un-opened cereal box?
There's 8 bods need to go from that field, I'm guessing there's only 8 in that field in the whole army

There's 8 bods need to go from that field, I'm guessing there's only 8 in that field in the whole army
Personally I think the only way they will be find 8 is if several stripeys f**k up severely, get caught and busted down a rank.
However I may be wrong. It wouldn´t be the first time.
My strong advice to any in that bracket would be start planning on a civvy life straightaway. There cannot be many of them so the chance of individuals getting forced redundancy is going to be extremely high if not an absolute certainty.

And personally, if they are in that bracket then why weren´t they got rid of sooner.
Techs have a reputation to keep up ie fast promotion to wind up the black-hand trades.
Any tech that fails in that has let down all of us that have gone through before him, and should be binned just for that.
No respect nowadays from these young uns.

Apparently there is a list by individual names of who is in the bracket. Has anyone had 'eyes on' yet?
This list is not for release into the 'public' domain.

Reasons unknown - However remember this....if you have been told your in the bracket by your CoC and in reality you know there has been a cock up and your not in the bracket keep stum take the money and run.

Should said list be published and your old Class 1 matey sees your on the list and knows your not in the bracket he may well 'grass you up'.

In other words the list is long and fruitfull........but could also be full of mistakes!

This list is not for release into the 'public' domain.

Reasons unknown - However remember this....if you have been told your in the bracket by your CoC and in reality you know there has been a cock up and your not in the bracket keep stum take the money and run.

Should said list be published and your old Class 1 matey sees your on the list and knows your not in the bracket he may well 'grass you up'.

In other words the list is long and fruitfull........but could also be full of mistakes!
Not everyone wants everyone else to know their names are on the list. What makes you think there are mistakes? If there were, I would wager its the individual or unit HR Admin that have not ensured that records are accurate

Not everyone wants everyone else to know their names are on the list. What makes you think there are mistakes? If there were, I would wager its the individual or unit HR Admin that have not ensured that records are accurate
I never said there where mistakes 'In other words the list is long and fruitfull........BUT COULD ALSO BE FULL OF MISTAKES' where my exact words.

No HR Admin where involved in the building of the list, it came straight from REME Soldier Wing.

Well gentleman the two lists have now been withdrawn off the DII webpage, I wonder why I saved a copy of both to my desk top so i will see what changes, just a small note i checked how many Sgts out of the 75 VMs would qualify for an immediate pension, will be interesting to see if any of the 11 get compulsory of the 10 that are required.

I never said there where mistakes 'In other words the list is long and fruitfull........BUT COULD ALSO BE FULL OF MISTAKES' where my exact words.

No HR Admin where involved in the building of the list, it came straight from REME Soldier Wing.
REME Sldr Wg would be aware of the list but the lists would have been derived by DM(A) in conjunction with DEME(A) and the central MS Soldiers Branch at the APC.

The list is almost certainly based on the use of "Discoverer software" which merely searches various parameters in JPA against a serviceperson's record. That record is maintained/checked for the most part by the individual and Unit HR Admin concerned - who are obliged check that records are accurate on a regular basis, like in the old days of UNICOM & PAMPAS printouts. Any record of service problem will not normally be the responsibility of REME Sldr Wg as they do not routinely maintain those fields.

The "building of the list" you talk about depends on the maintenance of accurate data

Why do you suppose the list COULD be full of mistakes - i.e. what is the rationale behind your hopefully informed comment?