Tram lines in kit

Quick question, is there any way of getting rid of tram lines in C95 trousers and shirts, without resorting to putting them in the bin and buying a new pair/shirt (I'm skint).

Thanks

-PAN

Er, yeah.

Try washing them and then ironing from wet.

Or just try ironing them lots.

Cymru_am_Byth said:
You mean where you've ironed a crease in and the material has faded along that line?
Aye thats what I mean, is thre any way of getting them out of the kit?

Panoptes said:
Quick question, is there any way of getting rid of tram lines in C95 trousers and shirts, without resorting to putting them in the bin and buying a new pair/shirt (I'm skint).

Thanks

-PAN
Press them using a very damp cotton T-Towel or pillow case. Position between trousers and "dry" iron (no steam). Once the cloth has dried out, go over them again using brown paper in place of the T-Towel. An old long forgotten technique that was useful for Battle Dress. Good luck.

You could always get a spray bottle used for watering plants and use the mist setting and use that to iron them totally flat using loads of steam then re do it and put in the creases using the same method works for me

drain_sniffer said:
Dont put creases in 95 trousers to start with. They look stupid
Sorry DS, not only do I disagree with you, for some cadet competitions, where drill is invovled, it is nescessary to crease 95 kit as that is the only "drill" kit we have. Though in general I think, that creases do look good in 95 kit both trousers and shirts.

-PAN

crustyoldfartpants said:
drain_sniffer said:
Dont put creases in 95 trousers to start with. They look stupid
Maybe in your eyes DS, while you are at it don't put polish on your boots :x
Bollox... Totally different things. I dont put creases in 95 trousers as they look friggin stupid when you are in the same kit on ex...Barrack dress and denims, then creases all the way, but NOT 95 trousers

I understand what you guys are saying, and I usually don't care whether my feild kit hs creases or not, so long as they are ironed a bit so they don't look sh*tty (i.e. like they've just come out of the tumble dryer). Though in barracks creases are definate, and all we cadets wear in barracks is 95 trousers and shirts,and from 2/3 years of ironing and re-ironing I've found some tram lines and was wondering just how to get rid of them.

By the way I havn't tried the techniques yet but when I get the time I'll tell you guys if they work!

-PAN

I dont fecking bother with creases in my trousers either.. jus a lil tiny hint of a crease is enough.. it looks proper gay with creases.. shirt I def do though...

Panoptes

Only thing I can suggest is iron them straight out of the wash.. soaked wet.. iron on it.. press hard.. and .. well... should reduce the incorrect lines.. get them exchanged if you really need to.. rip the shite out of them 1st though!

brettarider said:
You could always get a spray bottle used for watering plants and use the mist setting and use that to iron them totally flat using loads of steam then re do it and put in the creases using the same method works for me
:?:

Just don't iron your kit when you are still leathered from the night before after realising that, when waking up at 0800, you have a parade at 0830 and the kit you need is in a crumpled heap in the corner.