Training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by adam123, Aug 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, i'm in the process of getting army fit. just wondered if cycling would be a benefit as i'm finding running by myself a real bore! cheers

2. Cycling will do you good too! Helps take the impact on your knees also. Nothing will really be as good as actually getting out there and running though!

3. swimming = good also

4. You find running boring? Are you taking a MP3 player with you? Mixing up your distances? Routes? There are lots of things you can do to keep it fresh.

5. supermarks right take a mp3 or something cycling is good for so much but cant you beat gettin out and running

6. Got anyone to train with? Then you can motivate each other....Set a time, if you don't go then you let the other person down.
    Worked for me when I first started going running. Running is still not top of my list and I don't think I'll ever learn to love it, but I'm no longer bored when running. Just too much of a people watcher to get bored when running, there are plenty of passing mongs to take your mind off things (saw a woman walk into a lamppost yesterday) :D