Training

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ak47, Feb 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wat sort of training hav people been doing before going into the infantry ie fitness wise??????

2. Running, swimming, boxing, rugby and general fizz.

3. AK47

If you are from cornwall, try the Army preparation course at Duchy college, Nr Callington, 13 weeks of phys build up plus other stuff like your maths and english you need for promotion now

4. Iron all your family's clothes, starting at 4am
    Make an arrangement to use someone else's bathroom, preferably 1/2 mile away from where you live, and run there in your trainers and shreddies
    Pick up random strangers and 'fireman's lift' them up lots of stairs at the drop of a hat.
    When walking to work, walk very stiffly at 200 paces a minute, with a walkman playing a loud man shouting 'nuff-yack, nuff-yack, yack, yack, yack, mark time, forward, about turn, about turn, forward'
    don't let yourself walk on any grass and always walk on the road.
    Finally, don't sleep in your bed, lie under it.
    Continue for 3 months.
    If you ever moan about it, get your mum to chuck the contents of your bedroom out of the window a few times a week, and ask any suitably mustached man to deck you every now and then.

5. Is that like one of those Public service courses? Coz i been on a public service course for two years, I go in the Paras on 13th march. so aint realy got time mate, just intrested to see what standard of fitness over people will have when arriving.

Cheers two everyone whos replied
    Aaron

6. Smoking, drinking, fighting, stealing cars, slapping the wife around and making those El Paso Fahitas.

7. AK 47 wrote

[Is that like one of those Public service courses? Coz i been on a public service course for two years, I go in the Paras on 13th march. so aint realy got time mate, just intrested to see what standard of fitness over people will have when arriving]

Yeah similar, but just aimed at the Army. They have a 95 % pass rate at RSC for anyone that finishes the course. Obviously if you have been accepted into the Paras you should be quite fit anyway and your careers office should have given you a booklet about how to get fit, just a thought anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone joining.[/quote]

8. Dont agree with the slapping the mrs part like, but you must also let him know the fighting and stealing cars are usually under the influence of the afore mentioned DRINK.

9. Your missus looks like she's been slapped once or twice.

10. lol... cheeky... as we share your mrs I blame you :D

11. There used to be a video at the recruiting office called 'Fitness wins.' Anybody remember it? It basically had half a dozen squadies from the PT corps and a Sergeant Major Instructor who looked like a reject from the villiage people who showed a fitness plan designed to get civvies fit for Basic. I have a spare copy if anyone is interested. the format is very 1980's but the programme isn't too bad.

12. New one out called Fit to Fight. Filmed in Cyprus, very Mr. Motivator

:lol:

13. I am almost too embarrassed to admit this, but circa 1983 (ish) I had an excerise cassette calle "Get fighting fit with 2 Para". If I remember correctly, it was similar YMCA-style blokes doing press ups. :oops:

14. This is the Second time over the last month that I have heard of this course. I would like to know more about this course. I have recently heard about it but my local recruiting officer does not know anything about it. Is it local to ACIOs or areas? Or is it national and who controls them? I run a PS course at the moment but see a requirement to run a short course and this would be excellent.

15. Ive never heard if this course either, although it does sound a goood Idea? 8O