Training with other Units..

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by yorkie_999uk, Dec 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya.
    Just as the title suggests gents, i've been given the opportunity to train with another unit in a role more specific to my skills.

Was wondering what the set up was with doing so, do i need to gain permission from my unit or can i just go along?

Back in tomorrow and probably gonna mention it, was just wanting to test the water though.

Cheers in advance
    Yorkie

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The unit whose books you are on pays you. They need to approve (in advance) any training you do, including training with another unit.

If you will benefit from the training then they should be OK as long as it doesn't prevent you attending anything on the COs main effort.

This advice assumes your name is on thegood blokes list, you are a regular attender , no admin or discipline dramas etc.

3. Thanks Duke. Most helpful kind Sir.
    Now just need to hope that i am, indeed, on said good-guys list and they dont think im ditching them...
    Probably do them a favour though!

Yorkie

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No problem. Just remember that you will probably get approval for training with another unit for defined training objectives and for a limited period.

If you end up training more with the other unit than your own, expect to be told to start training with your own unit again or put your transfer papers in!