Training Whilst Posted To A BFPO Address....

Hi guys!

I dunno if i have posted this in the correct area so do please correct me if i have.

My husband has been told his posting has just come through for sunny Germany so myself and the kids will be moving with him. I have been looking into beginning my training as a nurse and have looked into doing it through The Open University who i am led to believe work alongside the army over in Germany.
To enter the course which i was looking at, DipHe Adult Nursing, i have been made aware i need to be employed within the healthcare / hospital sector as 50% of the course is practical work. Also from past information i have also been led to believe that under normal circumstances (residing in the uk) i would be entitled to an NHS Bursary to pay the tuition fees.

Does anybody know if there is any way of being taken on over there in Germany in a hospital / medical situation on camp??

Also, does anybody know if i would be entitled to the NHS Bursary to still pay for my tuition fees through The Open University?? The only reason i ask is that according to The Open University if your are posted to a BFPO address they still class you as residing within the uk and only charge you the uk price for the course, not the price of the course within the country you are posted to. For example, Human Biology in the uk is roughly £370 but in Germany is would cost me roughly £700!!

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly received!!


Similar threads