Training To Go Back In

Hi all I left the Infantry 8 months ago and to be fair I cant stand it in civi street so I m gonna join up again however I ve done nothing to keep fit and i was wondering has anyone got any tips or any training shedules so I don't do myself damage or over do it. any help would be great

not to pit to finer point on it... remember getting beasted round the ranges or going on that nice (stroll) tab before breaky or the afternoon jog with a telegraph pole...

You already know what to expect matey... just start going the gym for a couple of hours every other day ( some nice little wieghts demo's here for you http://www.eas.com/training/animations.asp? ) and on your "rest Day" do a bit of cardio vascular work... running, swimming, jogging, or a good fast game of footy with the lads.

ahhh very good... nice toutch there...

and when the training is completed fItness is Right up

;)

well done on slicing your time by 1 min 15 secs quite good that, keep hammering it you can get under 8 mins for a mile and a half

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ak47 said:
If you havent done any fitness a tall why not go to
http://www.parachute-regiment.com/rec_selection_career/physical_preparation.htm
its got a good physical trainnig program that will get your basic level of fotness write up! by following this I managed to get a 1.5 mile run time down from 10.30 to 9.15! its something worth thinking about and its only for 4 weeks?
You don't have to be tall for Para Reg......
:wink:

You're on 9.15 for the1½ mile ? If you're really going to the Reg in seven days time you'll be blowing out of your hoop.

What does one have to do to become an 'Airbore' ?
ak 47 said:
Pain is only weakness leaving the body
Airbore Hoowar
"Hoowar" ?
You are in for a very interesting time at Depot......

:lol:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
discodan said:
go you cuts

who-ar
No Dan, he's from Cornwall so it should be 'Ooh Arrrrr !'

:lol: :lol:

Cutaway said:
You don't have to be tall for Para Reg......

You're on 9.15 for the1½ mile ? If you're really going to the Reg in seven days time you'll be blowing out of your hoop.

What does one have to do to become an 'Airbore' ?
ak 47 said:
Pain is only weakness leaving the body
Airbore Hoowar
"Hoowar" ?
You are in for a very interesting time at Depot......

:lol:
I meant atall, however you spell it you no wat I mean? Obviously my mile and half is better than that now I was just saying how that program got me of on a good start! and I meant Airborne another spelling mistake on my behalf lol :lol:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
ak47 said:
I meant atall, however you spell it you no wat I mean? Obviously my mile and half is better than that now I was just saying how that program got me of on a good start! and I meant Airborne another spelling mistake on my behalf lol :lol:
Ooh Arrrr ! Oi no wat u meen.

Fcuk me if this chap isnt the spawn of a Cornish miner and AnyaBlahblah...

(Hint AK: spk prprly. txt spk is jst fr mngs. k?)

Nice one for all the input lads and yeah i do remember them days but as an infantry lad just needed to be told what to do not allowed to think as i remember that only messing but anyway cheers i am greatful Tez