Training the engineers who maintain front line equipment

Discussion in 'REME' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Dear Spinmeister,

Grateful you cease these automatic feeds. The materiel you are feeding is freely available elsewhere; it is of little relevance to most users of this site; and is indicative of the expensive production, and mass force-feeding, of marginal information and extensive spin that so epitomises the endemic pan-Defence cancer of resource destruction.

Thanking you in anticpation.
  3. Alternatively, put them in their own separate forum, and keep them off the Top 50 list unless they go hot.
  4. Wot he said, we've just had years & years of spin from all government depts, why does anyone think it right to carry on doing it on here?
  5. "Craftsmen are put through their paces at 11 Training Battalion REME in Arborfield, an institution that is barely a year old having emerged from the shadows of the School of Electrical and Aeronautical Engineering"

So they didn't just change the sign on the main gate, again.

Oh and yes it bored when I read it in Solider Mag and it bores me equally now
  6. Yeah I did feel sorry for them, working on a lynx with no blades as one guy had to stag on as the other did the fault finding, very realistic training indeed.
  7. The bit about working to support our forces on ops, then showing them working on the Cr2 rig. I understand it is about learning to fault find, but surely there are more relevant rigs they could have been photographed on?

8. Looking forward to a nice article about SEME when I heard about this in soldier to be disapointed when I looked to see it was arborfield -.-