Training regiment

Don't know what people will think on here but just thought i would see general consensus.

Just been told today that after 10 days "leave" ( suspension ) i have been told i am being posted out of bassingbourn after only 9 months. My crime? Giving a recruit a clip around the back of the head for falling asleep on a bus while a Colonel was giving a briefing. Said Colonel was happy with that, but recruits mother was not. She complained and i get binned! :evil: :x .

Like i said all i did was give him a clip around the back of the head and now i have to leave. Was i right or Wrong? In my eyes it was nothing and all blown out of proportion.

Anyway just thought i would see the response from the CORPS as he is a wannabe Engineer :x :x

I'd love to say i'm shocked mate, but afraid i'm not, but take solace in one thing, if his attitude needs adjusting it will (hopefully) get sorted out first time he back chats or nods off in his regiment...

We're trying to breed fighting men, who bring notes from mummy when the going gets tough.

each consecutve generation didn't have it as tough as the last, i distinctly remember being told on my 7562nd knee to the chest at 1 & 3 on my B3 in 1986 we didnt know we were born, and should of been at the old Cove in the spiders etc etc, but i do think a certain "robustness" should be expected from troops, and if mummies little soldier can't stay awake on a bus, how's he going to do on eccers or even worse (and more likely these days) on ops.

I remember getting a lecture on "junior command under fire" on my JNCO's cadre from Tony jeapes (scary man) and the guy next to me pecked off, General Jeapes' exact words were

"Staff, i'm obviously boring that little c unt there, please take him outside and wake him up"...as far as i know he's still doing laps of the MT square at tidworth with his gat over his head.... no complaints from any of our mummies as i remember.

Feck me, what is the world coming to? Or should I say the British Army?
Unbelievable!! Utter utter disgrace, what else can you say?

Jesus, they never met Tank m****, Big Shuggy H***** "Runner" C***** and Pete h*** then....

They wouldn't of got in the door at a training establishment these days unless it was of the "borderline phsycotics" wing :)

Take the lessons learnt mate, and put them to good use "re educating" the young men and ladies passing through these establishments when they get to your unit, not in a "drink my urine and play euchre until your eyes bleed" way (i know you planties love your euchre :)) but in a "your trainings only just started until you prove me wrong" way.

Good luck for the future mate, and i for one as your new boss would take the situation as a back handed compliment.

Fecking disgusting. Really winds me up, I know everyone says that it was harder in their time, but this really takes the biscuit!

Better off out of there mate, least you can keep an eye on the gobby little mummies boys when they get into the real army.

I remember when MPF's were renound for dishing out thier own brand of dicipline(usually at the back of the plant garages), it was off the record and a lesson you learnt well, you never made the same mistake twice.

Allthough not the way to go nowadays (to un PC and bullying), you never went running to mummy every time the scary man looked at you in a funny way.

They'll learn when/if they get to a unit.

Gordy. ex fitter RE, of God's own corp.

i think thats well gay!!

im at lichfield at the minute doing phase1 and from what people have told me we have it so much easier now then before the cpls cant do hardly anything to us now.

we had an 1157 check and one of the lads told some inspecter and the troop sgt got in loads of shit because hes not allowed to do them.

some propper mama's boys here i just wish the would piss off home.

/ninja of the future

Cheers fat badge,

To be honest, i CAN'T wait to get back to the corps, sick of trying to work under ATRA and "The ITGIS" policy, and i can't get play EUCHRE!!!!!! Too many non Engineer types!!!

I hope someone (you preferably) gets posted to the same unit as this lad then installs some proper teachings of the ways of the Army- however bet that cant be done at unit level anymore either!!

I fell asleep in a signals lesson many years ago - had a nice whip mark across my back from where Q flags brandished an antenna very swiftly to show his annoyance.

Try explaining that one away when ya get home - needless to say no matter how boring his lessons were never nodded off again.

That is really pants. If he can fall asleep when the colonel is giving a talk he could fall asleep on stag thus putting the rest of us in danger. Perhaps put it that way to the little scrotes mother. Totally justified, you did nothing wrong. Next time you see the little shi'ite accidental clout him round the head with a backhoe!

Every generation training gets a little softer, and fighting gets a little harder.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY!
In the army of ancient Rome, the punishment for falling asleep on stag ---------- rest of the unit stabs you to death, as that is the danger that you exposed them to. :twisted:

i'm currently joining up, and this kind of thing annoys me, because I don't want to pass a watered down basic training. I thought we were joining to become men, well at least that's what my dads been telling me, he's Ex Army now and i'm sure if I told him i'd been unpleasently awoken :D and grassed 8O , he'd be sure to set me in the right direction!- wouldn't be a proper role model if not.

not a fan of this 'pc' crap, "Train easy, Fight Hard" is spot on at the moment,

Do you think it's going to go full circle? or will it just get more and more pathetic, is there an end to political correctness?

Jake

In 93/94 I was instructing on excavators and one monday a student who was nicknamed Anus (close to his real name and spot on by nature) turned up with a massive bruise and a cut on his head where he had been fighting on the weekend, upon telling me that he couldnt wear his safety helmet I told him that he wasn't operating any machines then!! I also said that maybe if he went to see the MO across at Brompton he "might" get a chit excusing him from wearing the hard hat, so off he toddles to see the MO.

he returned saying that the MO wouldnt give him a chit, end of story wear your hat or don't operate and get back coursed, he wore his hat!!.

However that dinner time Capt Pete Cl****ey (short arrsed little short arrse with a huge chip on his shoulder and a BMW so big he needed platform shoes to drive it, the little short arrse) across at PRA phoned up in a rage infroming us that he wanted to see Spr 'Anus' yesterday....half an hour later he phones up in a rage demanding to see me yesterday!!

It transpired that Anus had 'told' the MO to give him a chit as I had said it would be ok, the MO said no he isnt getting a chit so Anus calls the MO a cnut and storms off, now maybe not all of you knew the MO at Brompton back then, he was fat usless knacker...but held honorary rank of Lt Col. Being called a cnut offended his sensibilities so he rang Capt. short arrse who obviously wanted a word in Anus's shell like.

Anus then told him what he told the MO that I told him that he 'would' be given a chit, Capt. short arrse informs Anus that he was getting charged for insurbordination to a Lt. Col, Anus said he didnt know that the fat MO was a Lt. Col bursts into tears!! Capt. short arrse then tears strips off me for informing Anus that the chit was his god given right, I sort of shrugged and told him the truth about what I'd said, more strips torn, then I had to write a statement as evidence for the prosecution, so to speak...Capt short arrse still fuming, and not a happy bunny.

However, and here's the relevence to this thread, that afternoon, Capt short arrse phones up and asks if Spr Anus could pop across to his office, not demands to "see him yesterday" like earlier but asks!!...I didnt go with him my mate Woody did and it transpires that Capt Short arrse, treated Anus like a long lost son, explains it was all a mistake he realises now that Anus didnt know he was dissing an honorary officer but he should bear this info in mind in future now toddle off there a good boy sort of thing...

Anus's mum was a Queens Bench counsellor no less and after he had rang mummy she rang Capt. Short arrse..who back pedalled like a real backpedalling short arrse....I bet Anus is a Sgt or Staffy MPF by now!!

In the training party after mine the instructors landed in the deep brown smelly stuff for having the audacity to make the recruits run from the block to the fence and back. One of the recruits took offence to this and told his Dad who was a major in the RLC. There was a investigation into it, they even had the distance measured, I believe the full screw who had ordered them to run nearly fouled his career because of 150m! Sad isn't!

Extremely! You always used to hear rumours about shenanegins like this, but never actually heard any real stories till now.

Guess they eventually peter out and sign off when they get to the real army outside the training reg gates? Only ever met a couple of turds like these and they were on their way out!

are right plant_life it is sad. They have told me i am not allowed near recruits so they have now put me in the company store, where recruits are all the time and i have to stay in my office where recruits still ask me questions :? :? :? Where is the logic?

Still haven't give me a posting, so i know suffer until one turns up. Oh and it has also transpired that i am the 4th Engineer kicked out of here this year!! Makes me wonder whether we are wanted here :?:

Anyone know of any vacancies in Germany for a plant section commander :?: