Training regimen

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by drscab, Sep 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, I'm looking to join the Army as a soldier when I graduate university in 3 years, but at the moment I'm a bit of a fat cnut (18st) and want some advice on a training regimen to follow whilst I'm at university to help me get Army fit by the time I graduate.

I also had an Arthroscopy on my right knee in 2004 (rubgy injury). It is all healed now, but I don't want to start running too heavily on it just yet

I'm currently following this pattern:

Mon: 8 mile HARD bike ride followed by 1 hour situps/pushups etc
    Tues: 10 mile medium bike ride
    Wed: Rest
    Thurs: 4 Mile run followed by 1 hour situps/pushups etc
    Fri: 8 mile hard bike ride
    Sat/Sun: 10 mile medium bike ride or 8 mile run

When I go back to university next week I'm going to join the gym there so any specific exercises I should do would be greatly appreciated!
  2. You're 18 stone and can do an hour of press ups and sit ups at a time?

Is a large part of this hour spent resting?
  3. Its roughly an hour, 15 reps of one, rest a few mins, 15 reps of the other, rest, rinse and repeat
  4. He mentions that he's a Rugby player, therefore I would imagine that he's not 18 stone of blubber.

Correct me if i'm wrong though big boy!
  5. Try taking a note of how many reps of each you actually do in this hour. I'd be interested to see the results.

How about doing some swimming too?
  6. Yep swimming is a good type of excerise, conditions your body, is a no impact cardio excerise and is good when you generally feel tired.